What came in your repair Kit

FreakyFreak

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just want to know what came in your MT-09 repair kit. Mine just came with a number 12 spanner key and the oil filter key. I think this is very little equipment compared to what I had in my XT660X repair kit. I could barely close the bag with all the different spanners, allen keys, phillips screw drivers etc...

So what came in your kit?

Thanks guys,

Stripy

Reaction score
Hey FF,

Just lift your seat, and look under the seat it self (yes, the seat, you have in your hand, when you have taken it off) - there is a few more parts there.

That must be because a MT is not breaking down and easily fixed with those :)

marthy

Reaction score
The only thing I used was the shock tool... don't need it anymore. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

FreakyFreak

Reaction score
Hey SMB,

Didn't really look under the seat, dahhhh. I had just remembered that the dealer gave me a little bag which I thought was all the tools. Today when actually go to opening it up, to my surprise just had the 2 tools. Will look under the seat today to confirm. And what other tools is under the seat, is there a tool for adjusting the suspension?

Thanks,

Stripy

Reaction score
Oh, you should have had a separate bag (maybe it is under the seat) with the suspension spanner, from what I remember.
There is a Screwdriver and a allankey under the seat.

FreakyFreak

Reaction score
Thanks SMB. Will check today! Was getting worried and thought to myself, should have keep the tool kit from the XT660X :)

Stripy

Reaction score
Well, maybe you should - but on the other hand, you might not have room to store it under the seat of the MT-09 :))

crotchrocket

Reaction score
hmm, i have a control box for my kliktronic gear shifter i need to locate somewhere. Hope there is room under the seat. (its for a dodgy left leg)

marcusfordus

Reaction score
With no ABS you have a reasonable ammount of space for the gizmo CR. (if you look at my profile, pictures, no5 shows you what space you have under the seat and tank area)

As for the tool kit, you get a little pouch with the 12mm spanner and the rear shock adjustment C spanner, it's in a sealed bag and handed to you when you pick up the new bike. There are two slots built into the seat base for a allen key and a screwdriver handle and duel ended insert. Thats all you get for your £6799 ;)

I've added additional allen keys that fit the bar ends and bash bars, a small pair of snipe nosed pliers, some cable ties, a couple of m6 bolts with nylock nuts and a puncture plug kit, That all fits in the flat square compartment at the rear of the bike with the rubber strap to hold it in place. Job done, that's all I've ever needed on a bike.

Last edited: