What do you use to maintain your headers?

flipper

Reaction score
nuffink. just clean them with muc-off when they get wet.

sigtrm

Reaction score
I pee on them, that is the advice my dear friend bear grills gave me while we were riding through Walesian wilderness.

Jay Cee

Reaction score
I thought they had some nano coating on the pipes wouldn't autosol remove this coating or and I being silly and the road grime and dust will remove this supposed coating

Bon

Reaction score
Just to let you know, was at Flitwick Yamaha this morning and as mine was in for recall headlight wiring, an MT came in with the same Akra pipe as yours. Same Blueing too. Its got Stainless headers and carbon can. Super light so that just proves that the headers are single skin and therefore will change colour. You can probably solvol it off but itll sure as hell come back again !! The Blueing is only the result of the thin skin and the very very hoy exhaust gasses. Kind of a heat treatment if you will. You take a piece of bright metal and heat it. As it warms up it will go from straw coloured to blue to orange then yellow then melt if enough heat is constantly applied. Hope this helps. It really is normal.

jezthomas

Reaction score
A friend with an old bike and very shiny pipes said he sprays wd40 onto a rag and wipes the pipes with it, after every time he washes the bike. This may have been to stop then rusting rather than blueing though.

fizzy

Reaction score
Autosol and elbow grease
Went to my local bike shop found the Autosol no problem but they were totally out of tins of elbow grease,tried ebay no luck, TT please can you help do you know who sells it, DC says B&Q sell it and it's on the same shelf as the fanny magnets, so I called down but when I asked at the help desk they just laughed at me,, CU#TS!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Went to my local bike shop found the Autosol no problem but they were totally out of tins of elbow grease,tried ebay no luck, TT please can you help do you know who sells it, DC says B&Q sell it and it's on the same shelf as the fanny magnets, so I called down but when I asked at the help desk they just laughed at me,, CU#TS!
Lol. I asked Simon for some...he said he's never used it but B&Q have some and it is usually next to the sky hooks, glass hammers and tartan paint