What's your tipple

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Okay being a bunch of hairy arsed bikers no doubt there are one or two us who partake of the vine , the hops or the grain.
So what is your favourite tipple.
I have to admit to being rather fond during the long winter months of a wee dram. Now depending if it is for pleasure or one just wants to get pissed.
If watching the TV I like nice drop of the Tullamore Dew a nice smooth drop of Irish whiskey, and at the same time a wee nibble of dark chocolate.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
A man who appreciates the finer things in life.

I have a small collection of malts. I would buy rare old malts/ silent still malts, over the years with the plan of enjoying them when I retired.
I started to do a bit of research on some of the older ones in my collection.
I sold one last year on a whisky auction site.
It was a 19 year old Saint Magdalene bottled in 1998, I bought it in the lake district in 2002 for £75.00.
It was 63.8% vol. I found a website Buy Whisky Online | Whisky Brands & Prices | Whisky Marketplace UK. I nearly had a duck egg when I saw the asking price £800.
I flogged for £599.00. I just could not justify breaking the seal and pulling the cork on that, only to discover it was probably crap.
I still have a few but these are for sitting on a quite evening with me son and having a wee dram. Let's face it one has a responsibility to educate ones family in the finer things in life.

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm quite partial to orange and mango Tesco double strength squash...
(Other supermarkets are available)!

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Richie , are they serving that at your beside? double strength squash? no wonder the NHS is in trouble. Hope the pain and discomfort are abating some what.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol no. I don't drink anymore as I drank so much in the forces I now have liver disease hahaha

donut

Reaction score
Shorts = Southern Comfort (preferably with lime and lemonade)
Longer drink = WKD Blue (I've a very sweet tooth)
Fizzy = ginger beer
Squash/cordial = Ribena

also quite fond of the occasional Baileys

guess I really am a soft southerner - either that or I need to come out of the closet

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Wow. I would love to try that.
I must admit if I had remained in ignorance as to it's worth I may well have had a go.
One of the reasons I sold it was I have a mate who kept eyeing it up throwing heavy hints like, we must get into that one night!!!!
This same mate I may add gave me a hand to get battered new years eve 2014 We opened a bottle Balvine 21 year old Portwood.
He kept saying I must bring a bottle round one night when we have a games night in. Well he was true to his word he brought a bottle of Grants. I am sure we all have friends like that.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Just a few of my collection, how sad am I. All I used to do was look at them, decided now and then my son and I will have a wee nip now and again. I have had some of these well over 20 years.DSC_0091.jpg

Fluke

Reaction score
I gave up on beer after seeing a scientific research paper that proved definitively that it tastes nasty.
Wine is horrible and I didn't need a scientist to tell me that, just ask any four year old.
Last time I checked, whisky, whiskey, bourbon and tequila all taste of lighter fluid, so where does that leave me?
Cider is a great place to start and when I'm warmed up, it's straight into the cocktails. Dark rum based, if I'm in charge.
Which I normally am as I've spent the last couple of months in Hackney setting up a bar/restaurant and writing a cocktail menu.

It may be wednesday but as a special treat, here are a couple of recipes for you to try out and before you ask, No! none of them require a fucking umbrella:mad:

Dark and stormy
Dark rum (lots)
ginger ale (to taste)
small squeeze of lime juice.
If you're feeling enthusiastic, instead of ginger ale use fresh ginger juice and a bit of sugar. Stir well and top with fizzy water.

Lynchburg lemonade
Jack Daniel's (2 measures)
Cointreau (1 measure)
lime juice (1 measure)
top with 7up

Before you start, lock away any firearms or loose children and hide all sharp objects.:p:cool::eek:

LewFZ1

Reaction score
I used to love dark rum when I was younger. I had a problem with it though, I used to turn into a right nasty bastard. I'm a big lad, not tall, more like a cube, no neck, a right knuckle dragger. In those days I fancied myself as a hard case.
You should see the shape of my nose today. I was talking when I should have been listening. Got a right pasting of this wee fecker.
Never touched the stuff since.:p

phunkshun

Reaction score
Well now, Scotch, Burbon, Rum, Beer anything from Hahn Light to Killkenny and Guinness if it has an Alcohol content I'll probably drink it