Where Do You Usually Go When You Ride?

strata12123

Reaction score
Where do you usually go when you ride?
I usually ride around aimlessly on my free time and find a hill or a beach and watch the sunset.
I also stopover some shops and happenings or festivals that I find interesting wherever it is I drive off to.
How about you?

j4ybee

Reaction score
Olivers mount is a good rideout from here for a days riding. Then stop at wet wang on the way home for fish'n'chips.

flydnb

Reaction score
I go visiting public toilets stopping off to see if any cottaging action is happening , other than that I like to go visiting follies and animal sanctuaries .

Stripy

Reaction score
Anywhere the road can take me out of town and out to country lanes.
If I pass hills or even mountains, my day is good.
Every now and again I follow a few of my friends who seems only to be able to go to three places, but it becomes a bit boring after just one week of doing the same route :)

flydnb

Reaction score
Anywhere the road can take me out of town and out to country lanes.
If I pass hills or even mountains, my day is good.
Every now and again I follow a few of my friends who seems only to be able to go to three places, but it becomes a bit boring after just one week of doing the same route :)
no public toilets then ?

Del Mar

Reaction score
From home, along the A25 from Reigate to Dorking for a quick cuppa at either Box Hill or Newlands Corner.

After that, head south from Dorking on A29, picking up the A264 Horsham bypass, then continuing to Crawley, still on the A264.

Then head north on the A23 past Gatwick to home.

Around 50 miles of a good mixture of twisties and fast dual carriageways - we call it the 'circle route'

marcusfordus

Reaction score
I'm 300 yrds from Derbyshire so usually end up around some hills and crappy roads so I know the suspension is pretty crap on the MT ! Speeds are never massive though and the fuel gets sipped rather than getting gulped into throttle bodies :D (almost a blanket 50mph across rural Derbyshire now).

flydnb

Reaction score
I'm 300 yrds from Derbyshire so usually end up around some hills and crappy roads so I know the suspension is pretty crap on the MT ! Speeds are never massive though and the fuel gets sipped rather than getting gulped into throttle bodies :D (almost a blanket 50mph across rural Derbyshire now).

that's awful, but why buy a bike like the mt 09 if your worried about fuel, I don't understand why people go on about mpg on a bike like this, if fuels an issue then surely get an nc700 or one of those cb500 they do about 75 mpg .

marcusfordus

Reaction score
The MT is a bit of both, fast when you want it and economical when not ! If the MT-07 had been released at the same time as the 9,I might have but that instead if it cracked 70mpg.

that's awful, but why buy a bike like the mt 09 if your worried about fuel, I don't understand why people go on about mpg on a bike like this, if fuels an issue then surely get an nc700 or one of those cb500 they do about 75 mpg .

KatanaAl

Reaction score
I usually ride with a bike group from Newcastle - "The Newcastle Midlife Crisis Bikers", good bunch of blokes. We are spoilt for choice in the North East, great run up to the Hartside or around the Kielder Reservoir. We are also not far from the Scottish Borders, The Dales and the Lake District and of course there is always the Stokesley / Helmsley TT.

Stripy

Reaction score
We are spoilt for choice in the North East, great run up to the Hartside or around the Kielder Reservoir. We are also not far from the Scottish Borders, The Dales and the Lake District and of course there is always the Stokesley / Helmsley TT.
You're SO LUCKY! :)

Sitting here at work with nothing to do, other than starring out on the bike, licking the sunshine and screams to be cleaned.

Damn. Well, Happy New Year - it was a joy to ride to work this morning!

stevecbr

Reaction score
I work part time, so mid week in the summer spend most of my time spent riding round the norfolk/suffolk border, usually end up at coast for tea or chips. Go with a mate who works shifts, who rides the new crossplane R1. Cant wait for summer!!

Chris West

Reaction score
A25 from Reigate to Dorking for a quick cuppa at either Box Hill or Newlands Corner.
Until recently my daily commute was Basingstoke to Box Hill (A339/A31/A25)
Brilliant ride, especially the A339 South of Basingstoke...Awesome!!
I've also done some 'Ride Outs' with some Facebook 'Meet Up' groups, Yorkshire Moors/Dales, Snake Pass, Wales (Devil's Staircase, Ponderosa etc).
Great way to get to new places.

pipski99

Reaction score
From Bradford (which is a bit of a dump) I'm lucky to be within 10 minutes of some lovely countryside and nice roads so I usually head out of Bradford without any destination in mind I go via Keighley, Skipton, Gargrave, Kettlewell, Hawes, Ribblehead, Settle, Malham, Ingleton on the A65 or another direction I head for the reservoirs around Halifax, Todmorden, Sowerby Bridge, Huddersfield and Scammonden.

The plans for the new year will be to try and hit as many BSB meetings as possible so this may mean satnav required which I have never bothered with on the bike before.

Twozup

Reaction score
Balloch up the A811 to Aberfoyle & along A814 to Stirling and back again after work. Usually coffee after on A82 Costa drive thru on way home over erskine bridge.

Click [HERE] then {HERE}