Which black box is the indicator relay?

Spot

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

As i've got some LED indicators to fit I thought i'd get a proper relay for LEDs rather than sticking resistors everywhere.
Question is, which is the OEM relay I need to replace?
The rear indicator wires go into some tubing with other wires and i'm guessing plug into either of the black boxes that i've labelled 1 or 2.
Can anyone confirm? Ta!

MT_Relays.jpg

M

MT account

yup and you can feel it clicking when the indicators are on

Twozup

Reaction score
Let me get this right- if you buy an indicator relay specifically for LEDs (I didn't know such a thing existed??) then it's a straightforward plug n play fitting led indicators without those damn resistors??
If so I think I'll be melting my card again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Let me get this right- if you buy an indicator relay specifically for LEDs (I didn't know such a thing existed??) then it's a straightforward plug n play fitting led indicators without those damn resistors??
If so I think I'll be melting my card again

Best take it off Mrs Twoz before she goes to "work" again. U know wot happened last time lol [emoji12]

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

M

MT account

those led relays were £28 a while ago but now our good friends the chinese are knocking them out for a fiver. i saw 1 last night and theyre 2 pin, not 3 pin. 5min fit n no lumpy resistors to wire in.

Twozup

Reaction score
those led relays were £28 a while ago but now our good friends the chinese are knocking them out for a fiver. i saw 1 last night and theyre 2 pin, not 3 pin. 5min fit n no lumpy resistors to wire in.
So the original indicator loom will simply plug in to the 2pin relay and simple case of bolting on and connecting led's?

M

MT account

you'll need 2 red male spades in car speaker size *tiny* to go into the stock loom plug and 3"of wire with 2 standard sized red females to go onto the relay.......or sift through the hundreds of ebay listings to see if someone does 1 with the right spacings on the relay to make it plug n play (thb after the first page you'll see theyre all the same as they all come from the same factory)

Spot

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, I went for the more expensive "made in EU" version for £15 from UltraLEDs

Twozup

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, I went for the more expensive "made in EU" version for £15 from UltraLEDs
That's the badger!!
Bloody expensive for a relay but suppose it saves money on buying 4 resistors and all the cutting your loom crap at the lights.

I think I might give it a go....