Which braided brake hoses?

RipGroove

Reaction score
On mine too.
Made to measure and fitted on site within minutes at JHS Racing in Bristol, highly recommended.
Went for the 3 line version, very good and neat.
Didn't even think about JHS TBH, they did my suspension.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Sweet! I had the silver ones on my race blue 09
Nice, I had to get darker ones as I like the matte grey and matte black theme that bike kind of already has.

fizzy

Reaction score
Yes mate it will be a good match, I will probably change the ones on my SP over the winter not sure what colour to go for I'll have a look on the Hel stand at the Nec show to look at the range in the flesh

RipGroove

Reaction score
Yes mate it will be a good match, I will probably change the ones on my SP over the winter not sure what colour to go for I'll have a look on the Hel stand at the Nec show to look at the range in the flesh
Good plan, the brighter colours look impressive but just wouldn't suit my bike at all.

fizzy

Reaction score
Good plan, the brighter colours look impressive but just wouldn't suit my bike at all.
Yes know what you mean I don’t like stuff to blingy I think the do a carbon set or a darker colour is more my thing :cool:

Last edited:

RipGroove

Reaction score
Yes know what you mean I don’t like stuff to blingy I think the do a carbon set or a darker colour is mor my thing :cool:
Mine are actually what Hel call carbon, I could see from the photos that they were just like a dark colour with the braided pattern showing through which was what I wanted.

fizzy

Reaction score
Mine are actually what Hel call carbon, I could see from the photos that they were just like a dark colour with the braided pattern showing through which was what I wanted.
Might be the ones for me then and I like the dark banjos

the cueball

Reaction score
I’m looking at some Hel lines for my ‘16 abs model.

Has anyone upgraded just the 3 outer lines and ‘ignored’ the 4 inner abs ones??

I can’t really be bothered messing about with them, or paying the £200+ for all 7 lines!

I don’t think it’ll be an issue, but my other bikes that I’ve put the Hel lines on don’t have ABS to worry about...

Cheers....

fizzy

Reaction score
I’m looking at some Hel lines for my ‘16 abs model.

Has anyone upgraded just the 3 outer lines and ‘ignored’ the 4 inner abs ones??

I can’t really be bothered messing about with them, or paying the £200+ for all 7 lines!

I don’t think it’ll be an issue, but my other bikes that I’ve put the Hel lines on don’t have ABS to worry about...

Cheers....
I Don think it would be a problem but I wouldn't think you will get the full benefit of the full set, I have just got a full set for my SP and are going to fit them shortly apparently they are a bit of a pain to fit and bleed ,I fitted hel on my first none abs mt09 and they made a big difference

the cueball

Reaction score
I Don think it would be a problem but I wouldn't think you will get the full benefit of the full set, I have just got a full set for my SP and are going to fit them shortly apparently they are a bit of a pain to fit and bleed ,I fitted hel on my first none abs mt09 and they made a big difference
They are good lines, I’ve got them on my other bikes... just couldn’t be bothered with the ABS side...

I’ll see how you get on and go from there I think... lol

fizzy

Reaction score
They are good lines, I’ve got them on my other bikes... just couldn’t be bothered with the ABS side...

I’ll see how you get on and go from there I think... lol
;) I'll let you know lol! , if anyone has any tips for fitting it would be welcome fitted them before but not to a abs bike cheers

kev

Reaction score
Just been and looked at mine, 2017 ABS, had longer protection cover on it, do you think the banjo on yours should be more clockwise ? to move it away from your boot.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Just been and looked at mine, 2017 ABS, had longer protection cover on it, do you think the banjo on yours should be more clockwise ? to move it away from your boot.
You actually can't rotate the banjo anymore clockwise as there is a little cast stopper in the way.