Which brand of heated grips?

Spot

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

One of the mods i'd like to fit to my MT when i finally get it (2 weeks?) is heated grips.
In the past i've used Oxford grips and they've done the job, however I see the latest incarnation which uses a pushbutton switch has come in for a lot of criticism (buttons difficult to use with gloved hands, unit not robust and breaks easily).
Has anyone used them and what's your opinion? Any other brands people could recommend? I've seen mixed reviews for other brands like Daytona and Dr. Bike grips though no one brand seems to stand out as being the best quality.

Comments please!

Dzjiepie

Reaction score
I have these Oxfords. Didn't have any problem with them, and don't want to mis them.

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Hi Spot. I just installed the Oxford Hot Grips - premium touring version. I bought these over from my last bike and I've had no issue with them. The controller has simple + and - buttons and i generally only use the coolest temp setting. When you switch the bike off the grips automatically turn off after a couple of minutes, so you can connect these directly to the battery without the need for a solenoid and ignition wire. I've tried other hot grips and they were crap, either too cold or too hot.

As mentioned in another post. be cautious of the hot grips wire end. You can see in the image below, the wire has a fairly hefty rubber surround. If this points right down it fouls the tank on full lock. If it points forward it can foul the clutch / brake levers. Just a case of fitting them without glue and working out the optimum position before glueing them in place. Its one cable to the battery and i managed to fit the connectors and excess wiring behind the headlight.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer...4J4Y6/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_1?ie=UTF8&index=1

KatanaAl

Reaction score
I've got the Oxford grips fitted and they are a little bit awkward with gloves on but are toasty warm, in truth I find the tiny indicator switch more fiddly.

Birdy

Reaction score
I agree with KatanaAl, spot, they are far better than the keiss[?] ones on my last bike .Another word of warning, when gluing on the throttle grip, for gods sake make sure you dont let any glue dribble under the grip body onto the handle bar , like the twat who fitted mine ! [me]