Which heated grips?

Spook99

Reaction score
So getting the brand spanking new Tracer tomorrow; heated grips and a tail tidy are probably gonna be my first additions.

I'm getting mixed messages about the heated grips. I've read that there are Yamaha heated grips which are integrated to the display, which lets you know when they're on and are wired through the bars, i.e. don't have wiring on the outside of the throttle grip that twists with the throttle.

But then i've been told the Oxford ones are really good and good value for money.

I also want to avoid having a brick of a control box stuck on the bars.

Can anyone explain how big the control unit is for the integrated Yamaha version? Any photos?

Cheers, Luke

KatanaAl

Reaction score
The control unit for the Yamaha heated grips is integrated into the existing left hand control switch.
Three of the guys I ride with have Tracers and they appear to scroll through a menu on the left hand contols switch until the grips are highlighted.
Seems like a great idea although I'm sure the Yamaha grips are expensive.
Alan

Spook99

Reaction score
That's what I was hoping to hear, guess it will be a bit pricy but I can try and educate my dealer now and see what he can do.
Thanks

thebiker

Reaction score
Mine is coming on Friday and it has the Yamaha intregrated heated grips - when i tried the demonstator it had them a wow they are really good.

Not cheap at £145 a set but my dealer is fitting them for free and i think as they are Yam ones and intregrated they look better than add ons

Spook99

Reaction score
Thanks Gents, my dealers now found the listing for the integrated ones so they're on their way down now. I think they're well worth the extra 50 odd quid over the Oxford if they end up being as neat I think they're gonna be.

lee1980

Reaction score
Sounds good pics please when fitted, I guess they would fit an MT-09 to? unless gubbins are hidden in fairing part etc!

KatanaAl

Reaction score
The left switch gear on the Tracer is much different to the standard MT09, I doubt if you could have them fitted, I have Oxford heated grips fitted to mine,

legs-dls

Reaction score
Hi - my boyfriend has the Datatool grips Datatool - 100% Motorcycle Alarms, Locks and Chains, Stolen Bike Tracking, Bike AccessoriesDatatool Therma Grip fitted to his bike and I am having the same ones fitted to mine ... there is no brick of a control box simply a slide switch on the left hand grip and only 2 wires which join together and then go direct to the battery - there is a little sensor in the wiring that picks up the load on the battery when the bike is running and activates the grips - turn the bike off and the grips go off !! clever .... the grip size is 38mm so it does increase the original grip size a bit