Which rear hugger?

binkatracer900

Reaction score
Picked up my tracer on the weekend and after not many miles at all the rear shock is covered in salt and much due to there being a hole right in the middle of the rear hugger, so easy part is just to fill it in but wondering if anyone has fitted a longer, better rear hugger.

Cheers

Tom

Steely

Reaction score
I fitted an R&G hugger, and my shock stays clean. I've not read of any other huggers or extenders that actually do much good. My back, helmet and pillion seat still get wet and covered in a thin film of mud, but that may not be such an issue on a Tracer as it is on a MT-09 with tail tidy.

Rear Hugger for Yamaha MT/FZ-09 '13- RGH0010BK

LewFZ1

Reaction score
I have a fender extender on my MT09 and as Bloggsy says absolutely useless. I am thinking of getting one of those back mudguard type things that fit on to the side of the swinging arm. The 2017 MT09 has something similar might not look pretty but does the job. I have a friend has something similar on his SX works a treat.

http://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/VhYAAOSwIgNXnxO-/s-l200.jpg

Steely

Reaction score
My back, helmet and pillion seat still get wet and covered in a thin film of mud...

I have a fender extender on my MT09 and as Bloggsy says absolutely useless. I am thinking of getting one of those back mudguard type things that fit on to the side of the swinging arm. The 2017 MT09 has something similar might not look pretty but does the job. I have a friend has something similar on his SX works a treat.

http://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/VhYAAOSwIgNXnxO-/s-l200.jpg
I've ordered one of these...
https://pyramid-plastics.co.uk/acce...+/+FZ09+Black+Spray+Guard+&partNumber=085200B

The mount looks a lot more substantial and less prone to cracking than any of the others out there.

Steely

Reaction score

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
OK I got mine to also add to the looks after the paint job but seems to work ok. Wouldn't bother with the 'sock', if shite does get in it can't get out again and also it doesn't protect the mount or the base which is where mine started to turn brown, A good dose of ACF50 sorted that !

Attachments

Toppie

Reaction score
I fitted an R&G hugger, and my shock stays clean. I've not read of any other huggers or extenders that actually do much good. My back, helmet and pillion seat still get wet and covered in a thin film of mud, but that may not be such an issue on a Tracer as it is on a MT-09 with tail tidy.

I have the exact same hugger. It works well.

robin

Reaction score
Mud flap

Well I can't see how to make a new post, so if moderaters will do it and tell me how. I missing summat!

Rear mud flap. I been having a little play and used a bit of wagon inner tube, fitted it on a flat bar. Bent each end in right angle and drilled 8mm holes to take a longer nut and bolt in the rear foot peg hanger.

Not been out on it yet!

Attachments

Last edited: