Which Tank Pad

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Mines clear so it doesn't spoil the silver twin stripe on the deep armor.

No point of posting a picture as you cant tell its there, it does follow the curve of the tank nicely though. Loads of them in my very local bike emporium.

crotchrocket

Reaction score
It might be because I'm a designer, but the tank pad/protector looks really odd against the asymmetric petrol tank stripe. I think the clear one is the way to go, unless you have a matte grey ! Mines coming with one fitted, which i might change ! (although i plan to do a colour change wrap on the tank anyway so it will come off for that)

Cypher

Reaction score

No point of posting a picture as you cant tell its there, it does follow the curve of the tank nicely though. Loads of them in my very local bike emporium.
Do you mind sharing a link of the one you bought?

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Last edited:

marcusfordus

Reaction score
I'm in the shop. Yes in stock had one in my hand 30 seconds ago.
I'm here dropping the hugger off to have carbon fibre version made. So when its done they will also be on the site, or special order direct.
I like Carbon fibre goodies.

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

psychoattractor

Reaction score

99p off eBay, bit Jammie as nobody else bid! The Yamaha logo has a hologram effect meaning it can only be seen from certain angles which i like a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

relz

Reaction score

99p off eBay, bit Jammie as nobody else bid! The Yamaha logo has a hologram effect meaning it can only be seen from certain angles which i like a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like this, thanks for the pointer.
Just ordered the 99p one from Ebay too.

psychoattractor

Reaction score

Dzjiepie

Reaction score

Mine is transparant too.
I found it in Germany. It's a set with 2 pieces for the sides of the tank.
I don't want to spoil the striping on my Deep Armor.

Last edited:

Cypher

Reaction score
I just ordered this tank pad and fitted it. Shity quality. You had the same experience with yours?

Does any one know a good brand with clear tank pads?
It's OK. The first moment I put it on I thought it was crap as it was rather cold outside on that day, the gel was quite stiff and I had a few air bubbles under it when I put it on. Now it's not too bad though, all the bubbles are gone weirdly enough and it looks alright. Not ideal but better than nothing. Can't expect much for a couple quid though. Ordered a black one from China for 99p but it hasn't arrived yet. Not sure which one to keep though.

Cypher

Reaction score
Try and heat up both the pad and the tank with a hairdryer before you fit, makes the tank pad more flexible, will get no air bubbles either
I can't stretch the hairdryer that far. I live on the 5th floor and park my bike at the back of a multi-story building :(