Woe is me !

marcusfordus

Reaction score
I had a call this morning asking me not to come and collect my bike this morning as planned. On the ride test before releasing the bike,it was dropped on some spilled diesel, yikes !

By a total fluke, my cover note was not received yesterday via email, so that bike never got registered and taxed (there is a god).

So bike number 2 is being pdi'd right now for collection this afternoon, and I've had the cover note re-emailed to get it sorted.

B mode all the way home for me then :D

I guess I'm lucky that they had a 2nd Deep Armor in stock put away for someone else I can have or else I'd be back on the waiting list for the next batch to arrive.

My hand guards also arrived in the post this morning !

Stripy

Reaction score
Sometimes it's just lucky to be unlucky.
Fingers crossed for the afternoon!

pipski99

Reaction score
That's some great bad news / good news :)

Can I ask which hand guards you went for? I've done some research this morning looking for some hand guards to fit the MT. I had Acerbis hand guards on my FZ6 but they were the type that mounts only on the bar end not the Barkbusters type which have a bracket which attaches to the bars as well as the bar end.

Dzjiepie

Reaction score
That's some great bad news / good news :)

Can I ask which hand guards you went for? I've done some research this morning looking for some hand guards to fit the MT. I had Acerbis hand guards on my FZ6 but they were the type that mounts only on the bar end not the Barkbusters type which have a bracket which attaches to the bars as well as the bar end.
Hi Pipski, i mounted the acerbis 0013046.90.
90 stands for black.
Easy to mount and in combination with oxford heated grips no more cold hands.

Dzjiepie

Reaction score
Look at the thread Dzjiepie's MT in The bar.
You find pics there.

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Very much work in progress. The heated adventure grips have been fitted and glued and the guards are half bolted up.024.jpg022.jpg021.jpg023.jpg

A bit of work on the lathe and the end weights can be fitted in place.

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Sorry I forgot to answer the question ! They are meant to be fitted to a BMW F700/800 and came with bar clamps for normal or fat bars like the MT.

Just don't go pricing them up as you will think I am mad spending that sort of money :rolleyes: (certainly dont tell the wife)

I had the same set fitted to my old Anniversary 800 and know how well they perform in torrential all day Scottish rain when used with heated grips.

In the 1st picture you can see the standard Yamaha bar end weights in black, they are huge !