Workshop stand

marcusfordus

Reaction score
I've a Abba superbike stand and was looking at how to lift the bike with it, seems a really special left side of the bike adaptor is needed to slot into foot peg hanger which isn't yet listed on their site.
How would you support the bike if the swing arm needed to come off, or you snapped the left side hanger ?
There are two what look like 8mm holes right at the bottom of the frame next to the exhaust brackets, but to use these the hanger needs to come off, so it's a catch 22 !

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

stevecbr

Reaction score
I sold my Abba stand when I got the MT, I am convinced the Abba stand will not fit, hence why I sold it.
I assume if the swingarm is required to be removed (rear shock or rear set replacements) Balance the bike on the headers, with a strap around the rear sub frame tied to the rafters

marcusfordus

Reaction score
It will fit, just need to knock something up to get to the frame holes

007_zps1f7d2b29.jpg009_zps2ebaa12e.jpg

These have been used as the metal has been scored, so Yamaha have a stand of some description when the bike was assembled/

mikeyboy1966

Reaction score
Brill. I've just had my tyres changed and they used an ABBA stand with the biggest adaptor which was a little too small but did the business. If you wouldn't mind posting the dimensions I'll look into getting a local engineering firm to knock a few out if anyone's interested

Y

youngy

Is there any chance of making some more?

I contacted abbastands today and received this reply:

Hi,

Yes this is something we are currently working on, however as the swing arm pivot is a rather unusual setup the time to get this developed and into manufacturing is much slower than normal.

We suspect to have the kit available within the next 6-8 weeks’ time.

Please keep an eye out on the website or contact us around this time.

Last edited:

marcusfordus

Reaction score
If I sell my bike ( its now on mcn bikemart ) then my adaptor will be going spare. I'll let you know

Kinjane

Reaction score
I bookmarked this from somewhere, http://www.mdi-online.nl/media/productPDF/5054536.pdf

I can see a slight problem when removing the side stand in order to fit the centre stand if you don't own a paddock stand. Has anyone bought and fitted one yet ?

Shame about the possibility of reduced cornering clearance, if that's the case then perhaps for the more enthusiastic owner who wants one it might be possible to ride it with just the plates permanently fitted and then bolt the main stand temporarily in place for workshop use.

mirdif64

Reaction score
Any more of these ?

Abba are still not listing adaptors for the MT. So much for 6 - 8 weeks.

If I sell my bike ( its now on mcn bikemart ) then my adaptor will be going spare. I'll let you know

stevecbr

Reaction score
Funnily enough received an email from them friday, apparently still another 1-2 months!

abba Motorcycle Equipment
12 Aug (5 days ago)

to me
Hi, we are currently working on a fitting kit for the MT-09

If you would like to check back with us in around 1-2 months we may have some more info for you.

Best regards

abba Motorcycle Equipment UK,
Unit 1, 29 Cutlers Road
South Woodham Ferrers
Essex
CM3 5WA

Tel: 01245 322331 (option 1)
Fax: 01245 322767
Email: [email protected]
Web: Motorcycle Equipment - Abba Stands, UK

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Any more of these ?

Abba are still not listing adaptors for the MT. So much for 6 - 8 weeks.
The bike goes this week, I'll not have much use for it or the Abba Stand as the new bike actually has a centre stand.

It's not hard to make the adaptor if you have access to a lathe.

bingowatts

Reaction score
IMG_0038.jpgIMG_0039.jpgIMG_0040.jpg
I bought the Constand lifter but am slightly disappointed that there is very little adjustment to level up the bike on the stand as the main upright post is so close to the foot peg. Might have to see if i can modify the mounting plate.

stevecbr

Reaction score
Heard back from Abba yesterday. They liked your adaptors Marcus, their ones have a protective coating on, see email and photo below
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the pics!

Our Mt-09 fitting which is currently in production is of a similar design, however we are using an Acetal (engineering plastic) outer “Bush” to eliminate any damaged caused. (similar to our CB1000R fitting in the attached pic) A plain steel fitting as shown in your picture I’m sure works well, however over time this will easily mark the painted inside of the foot peg bracket assembly. (This is the reason behind the delay in having this kit available)

Our Fitting kit for the Mt-09 should be available in 3-4 weeks’ time.

Hope this info helps, feel free to pass it on if required.

Best regards

abba Motorcycle Equipment UK,
Unit 1, 29 Cutlers Road
South Woodham Ferrers
Essex
CM3 5WA

Tel: 01245 322331 (option 1)
Fax: 01245 322767
abba3.JPG

Locksmith

Reaction score
The kits are on sale now, I've just ordered one as I'm changing suspension soon and didn't fancy relying on trolley jacks, blocks of wood and rope etc :)

marcusfordus

Reaction score
My adaptor and stand are still in the for sale section, I'm working all over the country at present so could drop it off if need be.

Locksmith

Reaction score
Has to be said the abba stand is very good. That expression containing the words "sliced bread" is appropriate !

Used it to change my shock and it's the dogs bits at holding the bike.

If I were you I'd buy Marcusfordus stand today :)