Yamaha MT-09 Aftermarket Exhaust Thread

T

tango

Hi Everyone....Post all aftermarket exhausts you find for the new 2014 Yamaha MT-09 in this thread.

So far, here a list of just some of the aftermarket exhaust manufacturers I bet we will see MT-09 exhaust systems from some of the following Vendors

• Akrapovic
  • Two Brothers
  • Beowulf
  • LeoVince
  • Yoshimura
  • Arrow Race Tech
  • Remus
  • Jardine

Seca Yamaha

Reaction score
Your 3-piece Acrapovic exhaust:

Looks nice! Probably performs a bit better than stock too...

SlanGlad

Reaction score
I've just bought my MT-09 today! According to the dealer, the Akrapovic exhaust ain't available yet. He had no idea about the price and availability. Should be soon, he said.

Spot

Reaction score
I was in a dealers today trying to haggle the best deal on an MT-09 :) and they've got the price of the Akrapovic now, although they didn't think they'd be available until approx December.
£939 plus, there's some additional "cat" bit that costs an extra £70 that you need if you want to keep your warranty valid.
Ouch!

marthy

Reaction score
I got all my exhaust goodies. The Dino tech drop the ball on mm me this week... no dyno until Wednesday morning... I will have the exhaust ready by Wednesday evening... stay tune!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Spot

Reaction score
Just noticed I got a press release from Yamaha on Friday (it had ended up in my spam folder) and it confirms the price of the Akropovic as £939.99 plus £76.49 including VAT and claims it should be available in November.
I was going to attach the actual press release pdf but 185 K is apparently too big this forum :-(

KatanaAl

Reaction score
Having only had a test ride for about 80 miles I thought the stock pipe sounded brilliant, maybe a bit quiet at low revs but once the revs built up I thought it sounded awesome. Getting my MT09 tomorrow and I will not be looking for an aftermarket system at almost £1000. Maybe an end can at £200 - £300, I've always liked the Remus Hexacones, got one fitted to my Super 10 and my CB1000R.

marthy

Reaction score
The whole exhaust is one piece... I'm waiting on a quote from my distributor. I like the way my exhaust look like but the bend tube available were kind of in between what I need to do it right. I put down a quote for 2 kits so within a week or two I should have to kits available. The fuel controller is a work in process... I should get one pretty soon. In the mean time I did collect some data with the O2 sensor connected and disconnected. Then I installed the DBKiller this morning for my ride to work. A/F seems to be in the safe zone. In ECO mode the ECU keep the A/F at a steady 14.7:1. Without the DBK the A/F hit the 15's... a bit too lean. With the DBK the A/F is in the mid to low 13's from what I could get. I will double check that on the way back home to make sure. But if this is the case my exhaust with the DBK can be use without a fuel controller and be safe for the engine. The snappy throttle on the bottom end seems a bit more manageable, even in mode A.

I'll keep you posted...

Martin