Yamaha soft panniers with tail tidy?

Steely

Reaction score
Has anyone done this?

The Yam system looks neat, with its QD rails, but I'm wondering whether the bags will foul the rear indicators with a tail tidy fitted. Or do they sit wide enough apart to miss? I can't find any pics from above or from the rear to be able to judge. Experience / opinions?

MTrider

Reaction score
I have the Yamaha soft panniers and a R&G tail tidy. It can work, but there is contact between blinkers and panniers. When I had the original blinkers I made sure they where not bend, when fitting the panniers. It was ok, and they stayed in the same position (perhaps needing some adjusting when stopping for petrol). Whit some small LED blinkers the problem is less noticable. But at the same time, they are not seen as clearly from some angles. A policeman who has had a bad day, might give you a ticket for that.......I haven't had any problems, though.
Over time the bags gets some ugly marks from the contact, might even make a hole through!?
I always pack the heavy stuff in a bag on the pillion seat, and the lighter things in the side panniers.