Yamaha tail tidy

Birdy

Reaction score
Anyone fitted one ? After winning 50 quid voucher at the Bristol show , i went all funny and put it towards the tail tidy . Got to admit , i like the look of it , and it is a real quality piece , bit of a swine to fit with my cobblers thumbs . Looks a bit different to all the truncated (choice word!) tidys about .

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone fitted one ? After winning 50 quid voucher at the Bristol show , i went all funny and put it towards the tail tidy . Got to admit , i like the look of it , and it is a real quality piece , bit of a swine to fit with my cobblers thumbs . Looks a bit different to all the truncated (choice word!) tidys about .
I looked at getting the Yamaha tail tidy then I saw the Rizoma one and the deal was done lol

M

MT account

i remember making the effel tower out of meccano when i was a kid, it looks a bit like that.....:rolleyes:

Locksmith

Reaction score
I fitted the yammie one.
Took a bit longer than I thought it would but it all bolts together nicely in the end.
I left out the long arm section as I couldn't see the point of a giant tail tidy :)

The instructions don't tell you how to do this but when its being assembled you'll see what needs missing out!

Edit: Yes the mechano reference is very apt !!

Last edited:
M

MT account

think ill list my tail tidy now cos the 1 i made hasnt fallen off.....yet.

Partridge

Reaction score
I have the Yamaha one on mine.
i have fitted it without the extension piece and i have also fitted a sports ductail from Pyramid. keeps my back nice and dry
IMAG1700.jpg

Birdy

Reaction score
i have fitted it without the extension piece and i have also fitted a sports ductail from Pyramid. keeps my back nice and dry
View attachment 1863
That looks nice mate ....mmmm may take the meccano section out of mine now ...nah , sod it , i paid for all of it and its staying !!! and its a twat to do ....

shinyharley

Reaction score
View attachment 1863
Cheers for that - i'd been trying to decide which one to buy and didn't like Yamaha's bit of scaffolding, but your picture was the inspiration required and I sorted mine yesterday (no ductail though).