Zeta Hand Guards.

Stan09

Reaction score
There is a post from a guy in the USA who has a FZ-09, with Zeta hand guards. Are the MT bars the same measurements as the FZ.
As the bars are tapered towards the ends, and 13 mm short of the grips on each side. What size bar kit do we need.
I have just measured my MT 09, and the bars thickness's are as follows. On the end they are 22 mm. In the middle they are 28.5 mm. The inside diameter at the ends is 15 mm. So do you buy a kit to fit 7/8 bars, or 1.1/8 bars. Or does one kit, take all these measurements into account.
Do they come with spacers to take up the gap at the end of the grips.

If anyone can shed any light on this, I would be grateful. IE. part No's and suppliers in the UK.

It looks like he used ZE72-0001 Armor Hand Guards, and ZE72-3406. These are the hand protectors with Indicators built in. I would like plain protectors

If anyone can help, I would be grateful.

Stan09

olivierzx

Reaction score
I don't have this model but my ones (Acerbis) had all this pieces included:
-7/8 and 1.1/8
-3 different size of spacers.

On the MT-09 I've used 7/8 and the largest spacers.

And I used the same pieces on my Tmax (22 mm bar) and my Street Triple R. (28.5 / 22 mm)

Stan09

Reaction score
Hi Niner.
Thank you for your reply.
I want to fit the kit like you have. I think that the hand guard kit will equal weight, of the bar end weight. So I can lose the weights.
My question was.
What size clamps did you get to fit the bars, as they are tapered. My bars go from a 15 mm I/D size at the end. A 22 mm O/D under the grips. 26.5 mm O/D before the first bend, and 28.5 O/D between the clamps.
Also how did you make up the 13 mm gap at the end of the grips, where the bars end up shorter than the grips.

crotchrocket

Reaction score
I just won a black set on eBay. I was interested in them as they come with both sets of brackets, so they fit 7/8 bars, or 1.1/8 bars. I am going to try the installation where you keep the existing bar end weights and levers so wasn't sure where the bracket would land.