Snatch is cured ! DNA Air filter

rob5006

Reaction score
I was under the impression Razz WAS impressed with the DNA....'immediately noticed softer throttle'..(Quoted)...although his review is somewhat gobbledegook....and not very clear.

razz

Reaction score
Sorry , I'm crap at writing reviews , The DNA softened the throttle , but so did my modified throttle tube , but once on the roll this morning , the DNA has ruined the bike above 5000k , that's were I hope track electronics should do there magic , so as I sit here , the bike in standard form except throttle tube mod was far far better than as she sits now , don 't forget it's only my opinion :)

rob5006

Reaction score
Sorry , I'm crap at writing reviews , The DNA softened the throttle , but so did my modified throttle tube , but once on the roll this morning , the DNA has ruined the bike above 5000k , that's were I hope track electronics should do there magic , so as I sit here , the bike in standard form except throttle tube mod was far far better than as she sits now , don 't forget it's only my opinion :)
I find my throttle is excellent and really enjoyed putting the bike through its paces up in Scotland in all three modes up and down the rev range...each to their own. Thanks for your review, Razz.

razz

Reaction score
I find my throttle is excellent and really enjoyed putting the bike through its paces up in Scotland in all three modes up and down the rev range...each to their own. Thanks for your review, Razz.
which exhaust system do you use rob ? I may experiment by putting the standard system back on with the dna left in , then I could whip the dna out n sling the termi back on , cos in theory , it may be the termi that's upset the works ? as I fitted them both at the same time

just a thought

rob5006

Reaction score
which exhaust system do you use rob ? I may experiment by putting the standard system back on with the dna left in , then I could whip the dna out n sling the termi back on , cos in theory , it may be the termi that's upset the works ? as I fitted them both at the same time

just a thought
I have the Akra system...but thought that i read somewhere that somebody had success with the stock exhaust....

razz

Reaction score
Dudes , have some good news , before I left off work , I adjusted the co to 14 as I had put it back to zero for whatever reason , once I left off I popped into a petrol station for a 13.3 litre fill of expensive juice , I then located a closed runway and she know has no flat area ,pulls like train yet completely usable :) she is rather quite good in all gears , 5th n 6th at full chat still need a tweak , but yep RAZZ is now officially happy and will not be removing anything from the bike :) on another note , once I'd finished playing and desided to head home , I noticed two bright lights in the mirror , once they had court up , two brand new police bikes followed me for miles they did , and they gave me a friendly wave when they eventually passed :)

razz

Reaction score
I have the Akra system...but thought that i read somewhere that somebody had success with the stock exhaust....
Right oh , I've been looking at other systems during my dinner time , may even try another :)

rob5006

Reaction score
Razz, does this mean you are happy with the DNA Filter and that it has eliminated the snatch for you....?

razz

Reaction score
Rob , hand on heart , the snatch has all but gone , on smooth roads it is perfect , on bumpy B roads it's 99% dude , AND I have just returned from another trip , I now what my 5th /6th gear problem is , cos like a twatt I forgot about the speed limiter , how did I forget that , I was too busy looking at the revs , and I just twigged I was already flat out in 4th :) yeee harrrr ( on a Norfolk runway of course )

rob5006

Reaction score
I must say I am rather lost now:confused:

Is anyone saying that the 'snatchiness' is improved merely by fitting the DNA filter
NOT WITH
1. Throttle tube mod; and/or
2. Non-standard exhaust; and/or
3. Change in electronic mapping?
I have the DNA Airfilter and an Akra exhaust....I have no snatch in my throttle. That's just me. Hope this helps!

razz

Reaction score
for me , the snatch has been removed in two separate ways ,

1. completely standard bike , except for a modified throttle tube , worked extremely well , A mode everywhere
2.DNA filter /termi exhaust , using a standard throttle tube , works jolly well and sounds bloody great

ady

Basil

Reaction score
No, i fitted the dna filter 1st, and ran it with that. Then fitted the pcv after. Just filter alone did change the snatchy throttle, but by not much. PCV did the most work.

Basil

Reaction score
Dudes , have some good news , before I left off work , I adjusted the co to 14 as I had put it back to zero for whatever reason , once I left off I popped into a petrol station for a 13.3 litre fill of expensive juice , I then located a closed runway and she know has no flat area ,pulls like train yet completely usable :) she is rather quite good in all gears , 5th n 6th at full chat still need a tweak , but yep RAZZ is now officially happy and will not be removing anything from the bike :) on another note , once I'd finished playing and desided to head home , I noticed two bright lights in the mirror , once they had court up , two brand new police bikes followed me for miles they did , and they gave me a friendly wave when they eventually passed :)
The co settings in diagnostics only works under 2% of throttle.

stunva

Reaction score
I just serviced the bike and while I was at it installed the DNA filter.
I was skeptical that it would work as described by some but I was willing to give it a crack, I've been bitten by "forum fixes" before.

It's a GOOD THING.
It's not butter smooth by any means but it's a mile better than it was, I'd say it's eliminated maybe 75% of the problem.
Before I struggled to ride in town traffic in anything but B mode, now it's fine in STD / A.

On the road it's great up to about 8 - 9,000 rpm, it just feels a little less responsive up there but still hits the speed limiter easy enough.
I have the drags next weekend so I will test it better there.

What I do like is I can now feather the throttle through faster sweepers or tighter corners without unsettling the bike, that had been annoying me.

Now all I need to do is get the cash together for the Flashtune harness and software.

The bike is stock can, CO +9, about 5,500km on it.
Running 10/40 semi synthetic oil, as a side note I noticed this Yamaha semi results in much better gear changes than the full synthetic 10/40 Motul I had in it, I dare to say Suzuki smooth snicks now.

Last edited:

relz

Reaction score
Although I'm bouncing back to a different thread, I can't read this discussion about fixing 75% of the snatchiness with the DNA, without responding...
If you're only looking for a solution for the snatchiness, look no further than the G2 Throttle tamer.
My bike is stock (filter and exhaust), C0 still at factory setting of 0, and the G2 eliminated 100% of snatchiness.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Although I'm bouncing back to a different thread, I can't read this discussion about fixing 75% of the snatchiness with the DNA, without responding...
If you're only looking for a solution for the snatchiness, look no further than the G2 Throttle tamer.
My bike is stock (filter and exhaust), C0 still at factory setting of 0, and the G2 eliminated 100% of snatchiness.
IMO everyone should try the G2, for £60 its worth the gamble, if in the unlikely event you don't like it I guarantee someone else on the forum will buy it from you and give it a go.

RipGroove

Reaction score
That is what I was thinking. If a mechanical option works the why fit the DNA? Particularly, as there are reports of a loss in performance at the top end.
Performance loss was an error I believe, something to do with the limiter.

rob5006

Reaction score
It sounds like the G2 Throttle tamer is an excellent product which fixes the problem of throttle snatch. I personally haven't noticed any snatch on my throttle since having the DNA Air filter. I would have bought an- after market high-performance filter anyway due to it lasting the life of the bike and the effect on fuel and giving the bike more air and quality filtering-the snatch reducing effect is an added bonus for me. The good thing to take from all this, is that members of this site have resolved an area of concern relating to the performance of our bike and have discovered a solution. I personally think that Yamaha should have sorted this issue beforehand..However, It's thanks to this forum and people sharing information that allow us to get better performance and satisfaction.....Thanks for your contributions!

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So...... The DNA filter turned up in the workshop today. We quickly took the tank off and installed the DNA. First impressions are......

The snatch has been slightly reduced even thought I didn't really have an issue with a snatchy throttle since the PCV was fitted an we dyno'd it.