Dealer ecu flash

paulrab

Reaction score
Swansea, so not far from you, but if there is a risk of it rendering the ECU useless then it's a hell of a gamble.
I'm going to be trying the remapped demo next week and if that does the job I'll stick with that one.

Colton123

Reaction score
Spoke to the dealer today as they NEVER ring me back . Now they admit there is something wrong with the bike and are speaking to yamaha to see what they can do.wont hold my breath.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Spoke to the dealer today as they NEVER ring me back . Now they admit there is something wrong with the bike and are speaking to yamaha to see what they can do.wont hold my breath.
Sorry to here that mate, CMC should take ownership of the fault as being an 'Official' dealer.... It's strange but I had a feeling about that place when I went in.. As with many dealers, no matter what the Manf, all they want is the sale and aftercare goes up the shitter....

Let's hope they get it sorted ASAP, maybe the process got interrupted and needs reflashing....

rob5006

Reaction score
Sorry to here that mate, CMC should take ownership of the fault as being an 'Official' dealer.... It's strange but I had a feeling about that place when I went in.. As with many dealers, no matter what the Manf, all they want is the sale and aftercare goes up the shitter....

Let's hope they get it sorted ASAP, maybe the process got interrupted and needs reflashing....
I agree...Sounds like the process was somehow fucked up!

Colton123

Reaction score
Was like it before the flash mate. They said they have flashed it again and still the same but had the bike a week and I always have to ring them to find out what's going on new something was wrong with it not running right . But they kept saying they had been out on it and it was fine but finally admitted today there was something with it . Phoned another dealer today they said cmc should try another ecu on it but will let u now how I get on with them in the week. Seems to me they have had my money and now are not really bothered about it . So if anyone is thinking about buying a bike off CMC Cannock Don't bother .

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just so u know....we tried putting a different ECU in my bike the other day and it wudnt start because it cudnt talk to the key (and therefore the immobiliser)! and tell it everything was fine and to let it start up.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
TT, isn't that what the Red key is for.? I think that key is used for programming something that gels everything together... Total guess...,

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Was like it before the flash mate .
Sorry, Colton123, didn't realise the issue existed prior to the flash! There must be something wrong somewhere.... They should fix it, or yamaha should send out someone who knows what there doing.

rob5006

Reaction score
Sorry, Colton123, didn't realise the issue existed prior to the flash! There must be something wrong somewhere.... They should fix it, or yamaha should send out someone who knows what there doing.
Use your warranty legislation....up to them to rectify the fault...and presents a serious risk of Injury...Big it up..!!

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Yesterday night i was riding in the center of Athens, in traffic-jam conditions, and because of the fact that my rear tyre was cold and had spinings i put it on B mode.
I had forget that when i stop at a toll station to pay.
When i start rolling the bike i try to do a wheelie on 2nd gear.
The bike came up nice and easy, i change on 3rd and i control the bike by throttle, realising the same time that my right foot was on brake pedal but didn't need to brake it at all !!!
It was the most controlable whellie i ever did on MT-09.
Somebody here a few months ago had mentioned the fact that the best whellies were on B mode. That's absolutelly truth.
So i don't find any reason to flash my ECU when on B mode my bike transformed from angry wolf in a peaceful sheep ready to do everything i like..

Jay Cee

Reaction score
My local dealer is just ignoring me about the ecu update I might write to Yamaha and complain there are a few bits that need fixing like the soft as cheese chain adjuster and my rear shock is going rusty, bike is only 6 moths old its not looking good

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Jay Cee... Who is your local dealer, what area are u from? they get paid for warranty work, and it only takes 30 mins..

relz

Reaction score
It seems that US FZ-09 owners have finally got the much awaited dealer flash too.
(I guess this can end the speculations as whether the MT-09 flash is actually the old FZ-09 flash. If they're getting something to fix their snatchy throttle issues, these re-flashes must be something really new.)

Now that the new Yamaha flash being offered all over the world, I'm really get on my dealer's back to get this ECU flash in Israel too. :mad:

flydnb

Reaction score
Yesterday night i was riding in the center of Athens, in traffic-jam conditions, and because of the fact that my rear tyre was cold and had spinings i put it on B mode.
I had forget that when i stop at a toll station to pay.
When i start rolling the bike i try to do a wheelie on 2nd gear.
The bike came up nice and easy, i change on 3rd and i control the bike by throttle, realising the same time that my right foot was on brake pedal but didn't need to brake it at all !!!
It was the most controlable whellie i ever did on MT-09.
Somebody here a few months ago had mentioned the fact that the best whellies were on B mode. That's absolutelly truth.
So i don't find any reason to flash my ECU when on B mode my bike transformed from angry wolf in a peaceful sheep ready to do everything i like..
Yep that was me , b mode is good for more controlled wheelies.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
So in conclusion the mates who have done the flash update and felt happy are:

boro
thunder child
rob5006
John69
trevorleigh
My Toy
Russel Brook
dave69
MT-Pete
widds
Milo Minderbinder
Jambocool
MT09-Smurf

Colton123 ish't satisfied and maybe they didh't flash his bike... (liar mechanic)
flydnb tried the flash on a demo.... and he didn't like

All the other are waiting.... for what???