2016 MT09 Rear rebound adjustment

chump

Reaction score
NO, but it's better than stock setup and it's enough for 90% of riders.

But you can try to find better number than the one used for many years in competition.
I'm sure that you're a very good fluids engineer, you should join Yamaha Factory Racing team to give them help.
Rossi will be happy to work with you.
Me? Oh no I have no idea what sag stands for. Like you, apparently.

Last edited:

Val

Reaction score
Hi there got a new MT09 only had it a week, loving it but could do with a tad more rebound on the rear, does the 2016 model have rear rebound adjustment ?
I'm seeing settings that are recommended but for the life of me i can't see where you adjust it, probably just being a numpty...

Thanks
See the picture, it is where the red circle is, on the left side,

I have a MT09 few days ago and was hard to find and use it. You will need two screwdrivers and a torch. With one of the screwdrivers you need to move the wires and you need the torch lighting from below to see the adjusting screw. It has mark TEN which stands for tension. Screw it on the right to the stop - this will be your max reboound point. Then unscrew to adjust it.

I have used for my suspension the Sportrider magazine settings Suggested Sport Bike Motorcycle Suspension Settings | Sport Rider

FZ-09 ('14) aka MT09 front preload: 2 lines showing front rebound 0.5 turns Rear preload Position 5 of 7 Rear rebound 1 turn out

I am 16 stones. The default factory settings for MT09 is for a Japanese guy that weights 70kg.

Hope that helps.

INB4 SAG - I am not sure anybody should bother with SAG given the fact that for guys like me at 16 stones you need to jack up preload almost on max to have any setting that is not like drunken sailor.

Last edited: