5th and 6th gear restricted

stunva

Reaction score
Looks great, would it bolt onto the stock mount ? I mean after drilling a few new holes ?

And is it directing the wind over your head instead of straight at it like the stock one ?

marthy

Reaction score
Looks great, would it bolt onto the stock mount ? I mean after drilling a few new holes ?

And is it directing the wind over your head instead of straight at it like the stock one ?

I modded the FZ1N bracket to fit the 2 forward bolt on the FZ09. Been working great for me. Flow 100% air on the helmet area for some good cooling (whole point of going naked) and relief pressure on my chest. Tuck in the air goes over my helmet. No buffering... They're getting hard to find... had to buy this one from the UK.

Reaction score
Will a power commander loose the restriction I'm thinking of getting one with a pipe in the near future

Reaction score
Im not sure whats peoples problem with the restriction is.. If you want/like to go over 130mph, you chose the wrong bike in first place.

Reaction score
MadGelo I get your point with that, however why do we need bikes that go over 70mph if the countries limit is 70mph, tbh I don't have a problem with my head wanting to fall off at 130 or more I want to do a track day and I would like maximum power in every gear, my original question is how to remove the restriction, I have already been researching suspension upgrades so the bike will handle sweet so all I need is the full power

M

MT account

its usually cos its too fast..............never see germans complaining tho.....................
this would make a great xmas present for those who hate warp speed.......................
[video=youtube;2rP7QVwn2Cw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rP7QVwn2Cw[/video]

Reaction score
I can see 141 every time on the Speedo but it has been re-mapped...

I've seen exactly 141mph on mine too, no ECU flash.

Also my Akra was installed by my dealer but no mention of any map to go with it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've seen exactly 141mph on mine too, no ECU flash.

Also my Akra was installed by my dealer but no mention of any map to go with it.

I think they're all gonna be different tbh. I'm not fussed about the top speed. Didn't buy it for that... It's the fcuk loads of torque I like lol

Reaction score
I think they're all gonna be different tbh. I'm not fussed about the top speed. Didn't buy it for that... It's the fcuk loads of torque I like lol

Oh yeah for sure, anything over 90mph is a chore really on the road.

Reaction score
Please keep trying to find a fix for this as it rattles me why did yamaha do it?? my bikes revs to 12K in 5th and only 10K in top but exactly the same speed is shown 141mph why dont they just have a rev limiter like all other bikes not a speed limiter
Pool Boy get your self a MRA Vario screen then you can cruise at over the ton all day :) err I mean till you need to fill up again

Last edited:
Reaction score
Probably much the same way fast cars are restricted, the manufacturers trying to appease the powers that be.

razz

Reaction score
I'll find out from Yamaha and let you guys know.

cheers dude , my bike has been worked by track electronics , the only bit left is to turn off the stupid speed limiter , got a call thursday to say they are still awaiting the software / lead to do this . once they have it can turn it orf , i`ll let ya know , the restriction is at 122mph on the dyno , whilst showing 137 ( on the speedo ) on mine . they also mentioned , the MT may be geared to suit the restriction , so may look at that too , once shes zapped . she`ll also hit the dreaded limiter in 4th , so its not just 5th n 6th . silly yamaha :)

Reaction score
cheers dude , my bike has been worked by track electronics , the only bit left is to turn off the stupid speed limiter , got a call thursday to say they are still awaiting the software / lead to do this . once they have it can turn it orf , i`ll let ya know , the restriction is at 122mph on the dyno , whilst showing 137 ( on the speedo ) on mine . they also mentioned , the MT may be geared to suit the restriction , so may look at that too , once shes zapped . she`ll also hit the dreaded limiter in 4th , so its not just 5th n 6th . silly yamaha :)

Ur completely rite mate. The power drops rite down to 30bhp @ around 122mph and then slowly climbs back up till it reaches 128mph and that's where it stays.... Indicated 141mph on my clocks...!