A Race Blu Yamaha MT-09 2016 coming this friday

Just_me

Reaction score
A swedish dude saying hello!

Last season I was trying out various bikes to find my next one.
Kawasaki Z1000, Honda CB1000R, BMW S1000R, Suzuki GSX S1000, GSR750 and Ducati Monster 821. In the end I decided for GSX S1000. I like the seat position, engine sound, the slick gearbox och the red and black color combination. But last week I decided to give the MT-09 a chance. You can't deny the good price and the reviews been good too.

I liked the bike. I read that throttle response have been improved and traction control is now a part of the standard equipment. I didn't find anything negative about the suspension during my brief testdrive. Seat position is good, sounds great too. And yes the bike is fast too, engine is really responsive. And the blue color is perfect to my eyes. The bike also match the color of my Ford Fiesta ST.

To make it short I ended up buying a MT-09. I figured I won't be a better or a faster driver with S1000. Besides I only been driving motorcycles for 2 years. I plan to keep this bike for a few years before I change to 1000cc bike.
I also ordered the tank pad and fly screen from Yamaha accessories. In the future I plan to change to Akrapovic full system exhaust. Luckily my dealer got this brand new last week so I'll be picking up the bike this friday.

A very short video from my MT09 testdrive:
[video=youtube_share;cx-q4-8HsFs]https://youtu.be/cx-q4-8HsFs[/video]

loneranger

Reaction score
check yamaha as they are giving a free akra exhaust with all purchases of MT09 although probably on 2015 models

Just_me

Reaction score
It's here. Unfortunaly it started to rain so its dirty as hell.

Just_me

Reaction score
Went for a 2 hours ride yesterday. Lovely bike.

[video=youtube_share;P_lnRlTrL0A]https://youtu.be/P_lnRlTrL0A[/video]

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
Get the gentle heat of a hairdryer on that tank sticker; it'll have it off easily and without damage. Oh, one more thing - tail tidy! :p