Aching bum.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
That looks the biz.... Does it make the seat higher at the front part..... The lowest point.... Only got teeny weeny legs!

FreakyFreak

Reaction score
I gave in and bought a comfort seat from Top Sellerie France and it arrived today. It cost the grand total of £319 which is way over the top but the quality is excellent and the design really sets the bike off a treat so full marks for that. The sitting position seems just right and it feelsView attachment 2450 nice under the bum but the real test will come at the weekend when it gets a 250 mile run to Norfolk and back so I'll let you know just how comfortable it is after that,
Let us know how the seat performs towards a no aching ass ;)

FreakyFreak

Fluke

Reaction score
You paid how much? Do yourself a favour and check this out...
I had a lovely fellah near Brighton replace some of the foam in my standard wooden Yam seat with memory foam.
He did it while I waited and charged me a mere £75 (he does mail order too).
The result is super comfy and much cheaper.
His name is Chris and you can find him at Welcome To Sussex Motorcycles. Click on the link for 'Elite comfort seats' for more info.

Cobweb

Reaction score
Hey Smurf.....the seat seems to be the same height more or less and if it is taller it's not noticeable and I'm only 5' 8" although it's a bugger trying to swing your leg over the hump when your old and vertically challenged.

Just come back after giving the seat it's first 200 plus mile run and I can still walk which is more than I could do with the stock seat. It wasn't super comfortable because the new seat feels hard but I can still squash the foam with my thumb when I'm sitting on it so I guess it will need a couple of thousand miles to break it in. There's no sliding forward under heavy breaking but it does alter you riding position slightly although I can't work out whether it's up, back, forward or what but I had to adjust my mirrors so it's changed something to how I normally sit. Was it worth £319 well only time will tell but I'll let you know when I've put a few more miles on it.

Hey Fluke. I had a standard seat re-foamed, gel pads and new basket weave cover by Custom Motorcycle Seats, Coventry and I just didn't like the feel of it when it was done. It made it slightly higher and I just couldn't get on with it so if anyone want's to try it send me a message.
fone 049.jpg

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've had the SR seat on for about 6000 miles now. Love it to bits compared to the piece of shite oem seat

Fluke

Reaction score
Hi mate
sorry to hear your seat refoaming didn't work out.
Chris, who did mine used the same cover (basically unpicked the staples and re stapled it at the end) and kept the shape the same. If you saw my bike, you'd not see any difference. But when you sit on it...:)
Hope you find your seat gets comfy, if not, you could always try Chris.
Cheers

Chaz

Reaction score
I gave in and bought a comfort seat from Top Sellerie France and it arrived today. It cost the grand total of £319 which is way over the top but the quality is excellent and the design really sets the bike off a treat so full marks for that. The sitting position seems just right and it feelsView attachment 2450 nice under the bum but the real test will come at the weekend when it gets a 250 mile run to Norfolk and back so I'll let you know just how comfortable it is after that,
Update on this please? Was it worth the money?

Cobweb

Reaction score
Top Sellerie seat update.

6000 miles on this seat and it looks as good as it did when I first got it. It's still very firm, in fact it doesn't seem to have softened up at all but no pressure points and no slipping forward so it still makes for a reasonably comfortable ride and a 200 to 300 mile day isn't impossible and I've done that sort of mileage in a day more than once so I speak from experience.
Possibly the addition of the gel inserts might have made this an even better seat but that raises the price quite considerably and I wasn't prepared to spend that much on a seat.

CT/

Reaction score
Top Sellerie seat update.

6000 miles on this seat and it looks as good as it did when I first got it. It's still very firm, in fact it doesn't seem to have softened up at all but no pressure points and no slipping forward so it still makes for a reasonably comfortable ride and a 200 to 300 mile day isn't impossible and I've done that sort of mileage in a day more than once so I speak from experience.
Possibly the addition of the gel inserts might have made this an even better seat but that raises the price quite considerably and I wasn't prepared to spend that much on a seat.
Pricey but looks the Badgers bollox cobweb