Action Cameras - SJ4000

davie

Reaction score
Do any of you have an action cam on your MT09`s ?

I am thinking of getting one and sticking on bike and was thinking of the SJ4000 wi-fi , which is around £70 ish and is well reviewed by Techmoan on his website.

I saw that marki53 has his on the front of his bike, but as I have just ordered a fly screen, that position is out of the question, but was thinking of putting on top of brake fluid reservoir on handlebars, using the sticky pads provided.

I was also thinking of getting a 12V power point as well, so that I could charge without removing it

lee1980

Reaction score
I got cheapo go pro chinese copy by AEE, uses same mount as go pros and I have a RAM ball joint mount on bars for camera or can use a sat nav cradle for the car say nav when its dry! lol

Good quality video in good light not so good at night but good enough to catch some git knocking me off!

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
The european system is on 25 frames per second (fps), SJ4000 records at 30fps which is suitable for american system.
In case that you'll use the camera to broadcast something, the move seems like cutted.
Try to buy something on 25 fps..
SJ4000 as said is at 30 fps.

sigtrm

Reaction score
The european system is on 25 frames per second (fps), SJ4000 records at 30fps which is suitable for american system.
In case that you'll use the camera to broadcast something, the move seems like cutted.
Try to buy something on 25 fps..
SJ4000 as said is at 30 fps.
That is only ture if your calendar says that it is 1998:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Been looking at the very same one... Good for the money I reckon. Should be ok on most devices nowadays with regards to fps, most tv's etc will auto play pal/NTSC...

sigtrm

Reaction score
Been looking at the very same one... Good for the money I reckon. Should be ok on most devices nowadays with regards to fps, most tv's etc will auto play pal/NTSC...
Yes, it does not matter right now in this century, unless you want to watch it on 'analog' telly;-) and the camera looks ok at least on spec and photos. Would be nice if someone could post actual footage.

george

Reaction score
Got this mounted to my handlebars and connected to the aux socket in the right hand air intake panel cover. It records when engine is started and stops when switched off. Footage is excellent and records in loop mode so great if accident occurs. Highly recommend.

sigtrm

Reaction score
Got this mounted to my handlebars and connected to the aux socket in the right hand air intake panel cover. It records when engine is started and stops when switched off. Footage is excellent and records in loop mode so great if accident occurs. Highly recommend.
Can you post some raw footage?

george

Reaction score
I can't even attach photos I'm afraid. Bit of a numpty as far as Internet goes. Plenty of footage on you tube tho. I have tried a couple of cameras and this one is perfect.

davie

Reaction score
Is there a hole in the waterproof cover for you to attach charger, or do you leave it on your bike without the cover.

george

Reaction score
I made a rectangular hole using a dremel and some tiny files. Took ages marking it out etc but it's a lovely snug fit with hardly any gap. I then made a tiny rubber sleeve to seal and stop any water from getting in. It stays on the bike. I just unplug it and remove the camera from the case if I'm leaving the bike unattended outside.. If you PM me your email address I can send some pics

the voices

Reaction score
hi davie ive got a couple of the sj4000 and footage is fine its just the sound if used on a bike that is poor, ive converted one to an external mic and one to a basic 5mm pipe through the case to the internal mic, now both ok but i would save your money and buy the best you can, if i get out this weekend i will take some footage for you to see real time sound and footage on the uk roads cheers wayne.

davie

Reaction score
hi davie ive got a couple of the sj4000 and footage is fine its just the sound if used on a bike that is poor, ive converted one to an external mic and one to a basic 5mm pipe through the case to the internal mic, now both ok but i would save your money and buy the best you can, if i get out this weekend i will take some footage for you to see real time sound and footage on the uk roads cheers wayne.
I dont have to save up tbh, but i was leaning towards this as reviewers on Amazon say that it is good quality video and some say as good as a go-pro

Also I am not sure how much I will use it , so do not want to spend £300 on a go-pro only to find 3 months down the line that I have wasted my money

boro

Reaction score
I use a gopro which connects from the side to hang in front of the helmet. I found with the camera on the bike I would get too much vibration

IMG_20150315_131546514[1].jpgIMG_20150315_131557898_HDR[1].jpg

Jay Cee

Reaction score
Got a hero 3+ black does the job well, although the file sizes are huge so I might swap to one that records smaller files sony cams are about £129 at the moment and good quality and battery life