*****aftermarket ecu flash*****

Do we rename the two ECU threads for ease of reading?

• Total voters

Jim_Royle

Reaction score
The yam dealers in Melbourne got the service bulletin yesterday. The new bikes will have it so I'll go for a ride as soon as they have one.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

rob5006

Reaction score
The yam dealers in Melbourne got the service bulletin yesterday. The new bikes will have it so I'll go for a ride as soon as they have one.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk
Cheers Jim...put it through its paces and give us your feedback!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How long does it take?
I was referring to ANY warranty work but if ur referring to the flash....

The whole process of removing the tank, ECU, flashing it, and fitting the tank again shud take no longer than 30 mins (including drinking a beverage of ur choosing, mine is usually a coffee NATO)! Lol

rob5006

Reaction score

The whole process of removing the tank, ECU, flashing it, and fitting the tank again shud take no longer than 30 mins (including drinking a beverage of ur choosing, mine is usually a coffee NATO)! Lol
'Nato'...you sound like a military man....!

MT-Pete

Reaction score

Suerly the MT has a diagnostic port (similar to cars) that the dealer would just plug into & flash the ECU through there, rather than having to take the thing off? Haven't looked myself!

RipGroove

Reaction score
Suerly the MT has a diagnostic port (similar to cars) that the dealer would just plug into & flash the ECU through there, rather than having to take the thing off? Haven't looked myself!
Nope, the motorcycle world hasn't been standardized like the car world.

rob5006

Reaction score
Communicating with a guy in the Netherlands who has taken his bike in for the new mapping...he is going to give his review later... couple of guys in Australia happy with the new mapping...'B mode roll-on smoothness' in all modes and still retains its acceleration and velocity....looking good so far....looks like the flash is being rolled out to everybody at the moment....even though its being done discreetly!

Spot

Reaction score
For me, one of the best things about the MT-09 is 3rd gear, about 7,000rpm and nailing the throttle wide open.
I can't think of any bike I've ridden where the acceleration rush feels so violent. I love it!
Just so long as any "softening" doesn't take that away......

RipGroove

Reaction score
It would be very handy if Yamaha released actual details on what the map does. Anyone actually bothered asking them?

Cypher

Reaction score
Everything that Yamaha do seems to be shrouded in secrecy. Swing arm paint rubbing off - quietly start putting a sticker in that spot. Camchain rattling? Dealers will adjust it for you if you don't tell anyone about it. Now this ECU-gate. They can't just come out and proudly announce that yes, we know many people have been complaining and as a remedy we have done work to iron out the issues and are remapping ECUs for those who want it. Instead it's all hush hush, no one knows anything (including dealers) and people are left to wonder what the hell is going on and what the remap does. Stupid...

RipGroove

Reaction score
Everything that Yamaha do seems to be shrouded in secrecy. Swing arm paint rubbing off - quietly start putting a sticker in that spot. Camchain rattling? Dealers will adjust it for you if you don't tell anyone about it. Now this ECU-gate. They can't just come out and proudly announce that yes, we know many people have been complaining and as a remedy we have done work to iron out the issues and are remapping ECUs for those who want it. Instead it's all hush hush, no one knows anything (including dealers) and people are left to wonder what the hell is going on and what the remap does. Stupid...
Yeah that is stupid, transparency would be nice considering the amount of money we pay for the bikes, that and the fact that the new flash will affect the bikes permanently so you'd think they'd give us some info.

sigtrm

Reaction score
Yeah that is stupid, transparency would be nice considering the amount of money we pay for the bikes, that and the fact that the new flash will affect the bikes permanently so you'd think they'd give us some info.
It is not. It is good for business. What you are asking for will never happen.

RipGroove

Reaction score
It is not. It is good for business. What you are asking for will never happen.
Doesn't sound like good business to me:

Spend loads on a product, then take a one way gamble on an update for that product with no real info about said update. As a consumer, that company goes down in my estimations. And in anyones book a customer loosing faith/confidence is bad business.

RipGroove

Reaction score
I've dealt with loads of transparent businesses over the years and they are the ones who stick in your mind and are most likely to repeat business with imo.

sigtrm

Reaction score
I've dealt with loads of transparent businesses over the years and they are the ones who stick in your mind and are most likely to repeat business with imo.
Unless some media pick up the story and do bad press because of stupid sticker or ecu map. I juts want to remind that snatchy throttle isn't a problem for everyone.