*****aftermarket ecu flash*****

Do we rename the two ECU threads for ease of reading?

• Total voters

Tracer kid

Reaction score
Do I take it the closed loop part of the map can't be mapped hence still needing the 02 mod doing ?

Tracer kid

Reaction score
I got the flash a few weeks ago. Simon fitted a K&N filter and 02 controller as well for me. The bike is a lot better now. I don't have to worry about the throttle in corners anymore and wheelies don't come crashing down. Got a bit more power as well. Well worth the money.

Thanks Simon and triple trouble. I will be back soon for the quickshifter[emoji4]

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk
What reason did you fit the o2 controller on this (confused) ?

JD87

Reaction score
What reason did you fit the o2 controller on this (confused) ?
I read on the fz09.org forum that it does make a difference even with a flashed ecu. The guy who makes them explains how it works. I haven't tried without it though.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I read on the fz09.org forum that it does make a difference even with a flashed ecu. The guy who makes them explains how it works. I haven't tried without it though.

But you had the controller fitted along with a K&N when we flashed your ecu. That's why we didn't disable the closed loop for you

Last edited:

jezthomas

Reaction score
Nope. You won't need the O2 optimiser at all and yes it can be mapped.
I read that flashes only smooth things out above 6000rpm? True or false? Hence, it was suggested you get the O2 for below 6k and the flash for all the other features. If you only need the flash, i.e. it smoothes out the jerkiness of the throttle at low revs too, then why are people buying both? Wish I could get a few of you in a pub together and have a good debate on the pros and cons; I can see from the various forums and FB pages that I'm not the only one who is having trouble pinning down the best option. Thanks.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I read that flashes only smooth things out above 6000rpm? True or false? Hence, it was suggested you get the O2 for below 6k and the flash for all the other features. If you only need the flash, i.e. it smoothes out the jerkiness of the throttle at low revs too, then why are people buying both? Wish I could get a few of you in a pub together and have a good debate on the pros and cons; I can see from the various forums and FB pages that I'm not the only one who is having trouble pinning down the best option. Thanks.
False. If you disable the closed loop it won't be "jerky" hence not needing the controller regardless of what rev the bike is doing.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The dyno shootout is looking like it will be in the new year now guys...
We're just a tad too busy at the moment between dyno work and flashing...
More information will follow soon

Nickic01

Reaction score
Had mine flashed and fitted the controller.. It's smooth.. Just like it should be..

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
PCV fitted to the R1M and ready to be flashed, then have a custom map written for it...

Watch this space for the results peeps...[emoji106]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447952057.881185.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447952076.998027.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447952096.916549.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447952126.202765.jpg

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
just curious TT , why does the R1 need a PCV when on the MT you just flash the ECU , or is it just for initial set up ?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good news guys....
The price for an ecu flash will remain at £200 inc vat for the time being.