Akra baffle mod photos

Tracer kid

Reaction score
Well Tracer... the ORIGINAL POSTER who asked the question rides a MT09.... not the Tracer.

Akrapovic carbon will not fit the tracer due to center stand and is track use only due to noise.
Well you do have a center stand BTW.. the Carbon is for legalized for street use with the Db killer fitted in Australia... don't know about the UK.

I can cover the holes very easily so no cost involved in putting back to std.
Cover with what? 18 gauge S/S is not easy to work with.. I guess your a boiler maker with that comment.

Why did I do it ?
To increase volume due to my daily commute to work so I can be heard instead of seen because when they are eating/putting make up on and texting they don't bother looking.

Well if you want 'volume' and to be heard... leave the Db killer out.... wear ear plugs if its too loud for you... and you'll be heard.

Why do people buy expensive equipment then..... bastardize it beyond what it was bought for IDK.

������

Tracer kid

Reaction score
No because I don't need it quieter.
Can't be bother explaining how the above clip works as you don't need to know unless you bastardise yours of course.

Tracer kid

Reaction score
Baffle is now out and vehicles were parting like the sea lol
Thanks for recommending removal Boomer :)

Last edited:

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
thank you for the pictures Martin , that's the sort of thing I had in mind for mine , how does it sound ? with no baffles in it is affecting my tinnitus but I don't want it fully baffled , cheers

Martin p

Reaction score
it sounds spot on , dont forget to file the contact surface where it touches the silencer a little. Its makes it far easier to get in and out. Good luck

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
cheers Martin , thanks for the info and advice , nice one !! :p