Akrapovic fitted

j4ybee

Reaction score
So the akra arrived the other day and had it fitted yesterday. Its not much louder than stock with the baffle fitted but has a slightly different sound. Tried to remove the baffle earlier to see what it would be like but need to get some smaller alan keys to fit. Also had the screen fitted at the same time.
Heres some pics of the bike so far....

Got a video on the gopro to follow soon aswell.

j4ybee

Reaction score
I assume there is a cat fitted with it. Bought it from the dealer. Cost around 985. There was no mention of a cat needing to be ordered when i put the order in.

dapsmt09

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the excellent pictures j4ybee.

Think it looks bloody great albeit a real bugger to keep clean.

Even more excited about getting mine now, just wish I didn't need to wait so long!!!!!

Get that baffle out an I bet it will sound very sweet indeed.

Cheers daps
:cool:

j4ybee

Reaction score
The retaining bolt for the baffle is pointing straight in towards the tyre and it is recessed inside the exhaust tip. Once ive got a decent set of alan keys at home it should be easy enough to remove. I reckon itll sound mega once out looking at the size of the exhaust opening without the baffle.

Cypher

Reaction score
Sounds nice but I don't think I can justify spending £1000 on it.

mt dave

Reaction score
im waiting till new year gonna see who else brings one out the arrow is about £600 scorpion is bringing one out in new year they will all get on the band wagon soon i had a yoshi rs5 on my 600rr that was awesome i do not know if they are going to develope one wait and see who brings one out and get the pick of the crop best things happen to those who wait lol

Stripy

Reaction score
So the akra arrived the other day and had it fitted yesterday. Its not much louder than stock with the baffle fitted but has a slightly different sound. Tried to remove the baffle earlier to see what it would be like but need to get some smaller alan keys to fit. Also had the screen fitted at the same time.
Heres some pics of the bike so far....

Got a video on the gopro to follow soon aswell.
Arrrhhh, sexy as f*ck, that thing :)

I admire your OCD, j4ybee, that bike is just *clean* ;)

Cypher

Reaction score
Here's one without the baffle:

[video=youtube;nqpV5WHNyUE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqpV5WHNyUE[/video]

Looks crazy :D

And a sound only video or a guy riding it:

[video=youtube;EjrE6MU3-ko]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjrE6MU3-ko[/video]

Last edited:

j4ybee

Reaction score
Arrrhhh, sexy as f*ck, that thing :)

I admire your OCD, j4ybee, that bike is just *clean* ;)
Its still clean cos i havent really ridden it alot yet. Still only on about 180 miles. I took it out yesterday but washed it as soon as i got back to try prevent any of the muck clinging to the bike.

pipski99

Reaction score
I got 480 miles on mine and have washed it every time it has been out. I'm not getting the exhaust until at least after my first (600 mile) service.

Stripy

Reaction score
If you're washing the bike every time you've been out, you're not riding long enough ;)))

pipski99

Reaction score
I've only been out on it 4 times to get 480 miles on it. What with working shifts, crap weather and being away for xmas I won't even see the bike again until xmas day. Have to get my fix on here and youtube for now.

Martin p

Reaction score
looks like you have got the mark 2 version of the akra, i was looking on the akra website today and noticed it is now a 2 piece exhaust instead of a three. And it looks much better to me because it seems not to kick up at the back so much. excellant looks Cant wait for mine

j4ybee

Reaction score
I think the marks are from where it got wet when it was hot last time i rode it. Probably just abit of dried on road muck.

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Has anyone tried putting the baffle in? I tried today without any luck at all!! It's a tight fit and pretty sharp, I just. Couldnt get the baffle to locate and go in properly!