Akrapovic fitted

psychoattractor

Reaction score
How much did this exhaust add to your insurance?

I have a mate who fitted a scorpion system to his YZFR125, the system cost £200. He didn't tell his insurers, then he thought he'd call them to say he was "thinking of fitting one" to see if it made any difference. The difference was £400, suffice to say he has removed it and it's getting punted on eBay!

crotchrocket

Reaction score
No idea. But the akrapovic is a Yamaha part. It has a Yamaha part number! So it's a 'factory option'

j4ybee

Reaction score
Made no difference to the price when i told them. Told them i ordered it when i placed the order for the bike and they just said its fine and no price difference.

j4ybee

Reaction score
Has anyone tried putting the baffle in? I tried today without any luck at all!! It's a tight fit and pretty sharp, I just. Couldnt get the baffle to locate and go in properly!
Haven't taken mine out yet. looked at it quickly though a while ago and it was pretty tight up against the wheel.

j4ybee

Reaction score
Has any one else had any trouble undoing the bolt retaining the baffle? Mines in tight as hell and have almost rounded it out trying to get it un-done.
I dont dare try twist it any harder. Ive got the backbox off the bike now so should i just try giving it abit more beef or try using the trusty heat gun?
Any tips?

Birdy

Reaction score
Theres a thread on here somwhere j4ybee, Triple Trouble and a few others done it , apparently its a bit of a kerfuffle ! [ been dying to use that word!]

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Theres a thread on here somwhere j4ybee, Triple Trouble and a few others done it , apparently its a bit of a kerfuffle ! [ been dying to use that word!]
Kerfuffle.....word of the day Birdy...I like it ;)
Yes j4ybee it was a rite Kerfuffle gettin it out lol

j4ybee

Reaction score
Well its came out after having to get the bolt drilled out. Jesus it is loud!
Just need to take it out for a blast now! :p

Twozup

Reaction score
Here's one without the baffle:

[video=youtube;nqpV5WHNyUE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqpV5WHNyUE[/video]
Is that exhaust blowing back down near the brake lever toe piece near the engine? Or oil dripping onto it. Fair bit of smoke.

No denying the baffle free Akrapovic (can't bring myself to say "Akra") sounds like nothing else. Beautiful noise.

Remember kids- "Loud Cans Save Lives"

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

j4ybee

Reaction score
Deffinately sounds epic when giving it some beans.

Im not sold yet though on just how loud it actually is though. After riding it for a few hours last weekend im very tempted to put the baffle back in. Its borderline too loud for me. My ears were ringing all night after and i had ear plugs in too.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Deffinately sounds epic when giving it some beans.

Im not sold yet though on just how loud it actually is though. After riding it for a few hours last weekend im very tempted to put the baffle back in. Its borderline too loud for me. My ears were ringing all night after and i had ear plugs in too.
Stop being a girly lol.