Anyone got the comfort seat?

MT09-LOZ

Reaction score
Thinking of getting my hands on a comfort seat, but was wondering what everyone thinks about it and is it worth the money? I have a bad hip and was thinking that a softer seat would reduce the impact of lumps and bumps in the road a little more than the standard seat. Would appreciate any feedback please before I part with the cash.

M

MT account

ill stop you there with the word 'softer'. 8 of us managed to blag the flat rally seat.......the foam is hard as fuck! i have a dodgy back and 90 miles on the rally seat gives me back ache. i cant speak for the foam on the comfort seat and im looking at fitting a gel insert into a stock seat instead.

Mtpete

Reaction score
Thinking of getting my hands on a comfort seat, but was wondering what everyone thinks about it and is it worth the money? I have a bad hip and was thinking that a softer seat would reduce the impact of lumps and bumps in the road a little more than the standard seat. Would appreciate any feedback please before I part with the cash.
I have the comfort seat and it looks great, but only about 10-15% more comfy not as much as I thought but still good.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ill stop you there with the word 'softer'. 8 of us managed to blag the flat rally seat.......the foam is hard as fuck! i have a dodgy back and 90 miles on the rally seat gives me back ache. i cant speak for the foam on the comfort seat and im looking at fitting a gel insert into a stock seat instead.
A lot o people are doing this mod...
I hear it works well

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
U can pick up a comfort seat for around £170. There's enuf extra material under the stock seat to do the gel mod tho so try that before u waste ur cash

MT09-LOZ

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Not quite the resounding thumbs up for the comfort seat I was expecting as the dealer (not surprisingly) was singing its praises so much.

Kinjane

Reaction score
I'm thinking about modding the stock seat as my sheepskin is smelling a bit like, well a bit like a dead sheep after yet another soaking today. The last 430miles have almost been in constant rain :(

I'm goiing to wait for the Street tracker seat to become available for purchase as a spare part, not part of a kit ;) before I do anything to my OEM one because if I muck it up I'll be able to just go and buy that seat instead...

Kinjane

Reaction score
Wish I could, I've went on a diet and lost too much weight, even kept on losing weight when I didn't want too and dispite my best efforts I'm actually having problems gaining any at the moment.

On the plus size the '09 suspension is nigh on perfect for me and has even improved since buying it, so the money I won't be spending on that can go elsewhere.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As I got the bike from them they have given me 10% discount on any extras I buy. They quoted £185.
I can get them for about £170 usually but if u add on the postage it wud probably worth out to be around the same...

relz

Reaction score
I will do but it's pretty safe to say we've kicked the arse out of that one lol
I keep on kicking myself for not going down that route when I had the chance [emoji35] .
Long distance and all, in retrospect I think it still could have been worth my while. I'm still unhappily with my current seat.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have no doubt I cud get u an SR seat but it's gonna be expensive. Ur better off trying the sponge/gel insert option first as that's only gonna cost u a few quid

M

MT account

i still have 1 that i dont like. i dont have a better alternative yet. ;)

M

MT account

I thought u were gonna take it to ur man in the shed?
my stock seat is already in a bag ready to ship over, ill get that modified, switch it for the FZ seat, modify that and see where we go after, im hoping somchai will be interested in making a few spare covers with a foam insert, then its ebay time....:)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
my stock seat is already in a bag ready to ship over, ill get that modified, switch it for the FZ seat, modify that and see where we go after, im hoping somchai will be interested in making a few spare covers with a foam insert, then its ebay time....:)
Bargain lol