Are my front breaks supposed to be exposed like this?

Reaction score
looks out of place
thx
123.jpg

Reaction score
if yes. how do you maintain them?
oil doesnt sound like a good idea if you want to be able to stop

Y

youngy

yes that's how they are. that spring comes off when you remove the pin to change the pads.

JCL270

Reaction score
My bikes only 3 weeks old and I've already noticed a small amount of surface corrosion on the inside of the disk, definitely more than I would of expected, what do you guys recommend? Acf50?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y

youngy

what do you mean by the inside of the disc? I wouldn't be putting any oil near the brakes. a little comtamination on the pads or disc surface and you could be in deep trouble.

Reaction score
Do not spray, wipe or use anything apart from soap and water or purposely designed brake cleaner on anything to do with ur brakes.... U have been warned...

flydnb

Reaction score
ride hard , break hard ,.......... the corrosion will soon come off !

this, all discs corrode if not used if they get wet then are left they can corrode quick but its only surface and comes off after a good blast.

Mitch

Reaction score
I would not even recommend using soapy water some cleaners like fairy ext contain salt and can increase the corrosion quite a lot ..... I tend to after most ride just give them a quick hose down or pour a few cups of water over them

Reaction score
I just leave them alone and break a few times, all gone in seconds. I live very close to the sea so know a bit about corrosion......strangely my bike doesn't corrode anywhere....whereas the discs of my car are brown overnight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I would not even recommend using soapy water some cleaners like fairy ext contain salt and can increase the corrosion quite a lot ..... I tend to after most ride just give them a quick hose down or pour a few cups of water over them

I meant soapy as in dedicated bike wash lol but I know wot u mean

T

THAIGATE14

we dont have road salt over here but they more than make up for it but covering the roads in acidic concrete dust........cant even see the colour of the bike after some rides....

Reaction score
we dont have road salt over here but they more than make up for it but covering the roads in acidic concrete dust........cant even see the colour of the bike after some rides....

That's shite mate. Wudnt be happy with that. My OCD wud be in meltdown lol