Blazin Orange Paint

Trip Hazard

Reaction score
At the recent bike jumble at Stafford, i got talking to the guys from Dream Machine about matching the MT-09 Blazin orange paint, they informed me they have done, as they do the paint for a Plastic parts company that do plastic parts for the MT-09.
A week or so later i was passing Dream Machine, so dropped in to get a quote from them, to paint the front mudguard with extender, the rear hugger with extender, with matching stripes and MT logs.
On looking over my bike he noticed the colour of the belly pan was a darker orange than the tank, which it would be as it is an aftermarket one, he then went and fetched their colour swatch, that was darker than my tank but matched the belly pan nearly perfect, after a bit of a discussion, he suggested that i leave my bike with them so they can do a match to my tank and then respray the belly pan as well as the mudguard and hugger, so they match all the way round.
So that's where my bike is at the moment, hopefully be finished by the end of next week.
I'll post some pics when it's done

Colton123

Reaction score
My mate had a nightmare matching my deep armour as there was no paint codes for it but got there in the end and put the stripes on the screen and hugger to.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Last edited:

Colton123

Reaction score
My painter found a company who said they could match it , but was now where near he did a mix and took 3 goes to get it right and he is top off his game can give u his number if u want. He is based in penkridge near Stafford

misscrabstick

Reaction score
I have my own painting gear, I wanted to get the orange paint to do my own hugger and wheels, can anyone actually supply me a litre? nope, even RS paints failed.

MT-Pete

Reaction score
I have my own painting gear, I wanted to get the orange paint to do my own hugger and wheels, can anyone actually supply me a litre? nope, even RS paints failed.
I wish I'd read this earlier! I've just emailed RS Paint to see if they have the paint code, won't hold my breath then...

MT-Pete

Reaction score
At the recent bike jumble at Stafford, i got talking to the guys from Dream Machine about matching the MT-09 Blazin orange paint, they informed me they have done, as they do the paint for a Plastic parts company that do plastic parts for the MT-09.
A week or so later i was passing Dream Machine, so dropped in to get a quote from them, to paint the front mudguard with extender, the rear hugger with extender, with matching stripes and MT logs.
On looking over my bike he noticed the colour of the belly pan was a darker orange than the tank, which it would be as it is an aftermarket one, he then went and fetched their colour swatch, that was darker than my tank but matched the belly pan nearly perfect, after a bit of a discussion, he suggested that i leave my bike with them so they can do a match to my tank and then respray the belly pan as well as the mudguard and hugger, so they match all the way round.
So that's where my bike is at the moment, hopefully be finished by the end of next week.
I'll post some pics when it's done
trip, could you ask them for the paint code please when they have finalised it & post it on here. I've also tried to get the paint code, without sucess!!

flipper

Reaction score
Not sure if this is what you need but Yamaha call it DOM8(*) Deep Orange Metallic 8, Colour Code 1279.

flipper

Reaction score

misscrabstick

Reaction score
So at least twice they have been asked and yet they have not sorted it out under their own steam, shit paint supplier is shit.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
So we have 2 codes for the same colour..... Well done Yammi Ha Ha! Maybe I'll pester them at the NEC.

Had a look at DPBM15, I think that's for the race blue wheels, the wheels appear more purple than a real blue.

Last edited:

flipper

Reaction score
So we have 2 codes for the same colour..... Well done Yammi Ha Ha! Maybe I'll pester them at the NEC.

Had a look at DPBM15, I think that's for the race blue wheels, the wheels appear more purple than a real blue.
You are indeed correct there mate.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If someone pm's me their vin number I can jump on the computer in the dealership and check with Yamaha

Trip Hazard

Reaction score
trip, could you ask them for the paint code please when they have finalised it & post it on here. I've also tried to get the paint code, without sucess!!
I did ask them for the code, their reply was that it was unique to them, which doesn't help anyone unless they go to Dream Machine and let them do the paint.

Trip Hazard

Reaction score
Managed to prise the bike out the garage and get out on a ride for an hour, first time for 5 weeks.
A few photos of the finished paint work.

Img_9724.jpg

Img_9726.jpg

Img_9727.jpg

Last edited: