cam chain tensioner replacement

RipGroove

Reaction score
1800 miles so far from new and no rattly CCT yet (S1)

Sent from outer space

trevorleigh

Reaction score
I was in the dealer (Motorcycle Shop - Farnborough) getting some bits the other day and mentioned the CCT issues, their mechanic said pop it round the workshop and I will check yours while you wait. 10 mins later he had adjusted it up, and although I had not really noticed a rattle it's is noticeably quieter now. He said if it starts making a noise to let him know and he would order up a new one no problem.

RipGroove

Reaction score
I was in the dealer (Motorcycle Shop - Farnborough) getting some bits the other day and mentioned the CCT issues, their mechanic said pop it round the workshop and I will check yours while you wait. 10 mins later he had adjusted it up, and although I had not really noticed a rattle it's is noticeably quieter now. He said if it starts making a noise to let him know and he would order up a new one no problem.
I might have a look at mine then, as far as I can see you just take the bolt off the top then very lightly use an allen key to adjust the screw inside until the vibration/noise is at its quietest, then put the bolt back in.

Sent from outer space

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Why isn't there a spring that has tension equal to the cam chain blades pressure to stop that allen screw screwing itself out again ? Spare pen spring laying around anyone ?

Mine was manually adjusted and lasted a few days before the rattle returned.

I might have a look at mine then, as far as I can see you just take the bolt off the top then very lightly use an allen key to adjust the screw inside until the vibration/noise is at its quietest, then put the bolt back in.

Sent from outer space

RipGroove

Reaction score
Why isn't there a spring that has tension equal to the cam chain blades pressure to stop that allen screw screwing itself out again ? Spare pen spring laying around anyone ?

Mine was manually adjusted and lasted a few days before the rattle returned.
There is a popular fix using another bolt to lock the adjusting bolt down. Have not had mine apart yet though have not decided what to do. Plus so far mine seems to be ok.

Sent from outer space