Camera mount

Cypher

Reaction score
That camera looks sweet...
I got it mainly because of the looks (and obviously video quality). Don't like Go Pro's, they look like teletubbies.

Here's an example of the video quality (with built-in mic) after uploading to Youtube, which always compresses the hell out of the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry9eg2dsqkQ.
The sound is crap with the built-in mic, so you need an external one but it was just a tenner plus I've got it nicely tucked inside the helmet now so it's almost invisible.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got it mainly because of the looks (and obviously video quality). Don't like Go Pro's, they look like teletubbies.

Here's an example of the video quality (with built-in mic) after uploading to Youtube, which always compresses the hell out of the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry9eg2dsqkQ.
The sound is crap with the built-in mic, so you need an external one but it was just a tenner plus I've got it nicely tucked inside the helmet now so it's almost invisible.
Cool. I've just subbed u...

Cypher

Reaction score
Cool. I've just subbed u...
I saw, subbed to you too. Now we just need to upload some videos :D
I've got loads of footage from my commuting and even have an intro, just need to come up with what to put inbetween the clips.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I saw, subbed to you too. Now we just need to upload some videos :D
I've got loads of footage from my commuting and even have an intro, just need to come up with what to put inbetween the clips.
Cool. Nothing on my channel yet lol. Wots that camera called?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks... gonna look on the tinterweb now for one. Where did u get the mic from?

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bit pricey for the contour+2 though. Can get a Drift Ghost HD for half of that. Saying that , the contour+2 does look Like an awesome camera. I like the fact that u can check and adjust the shot and settings on the go thru the phone app... Very clever.

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

www.facebook.com/spudrees

paulrab

Reaction score
Thanks, I was trying to avoid taking the can off but I guess I'll have to.

Sent from outer space
Same here Rip, I've taken the bolts out and springs off but it wont budge. i dont really want to start whacking it with a lump hammer!!! So if you do manage to take the end can off i would be interested to hear your technique. Or if anyone else has a trick up their sleeve please share.

Cypher

Reaction score
Bit pricey for the contour+2 though. Can get a Drift Ghost HD for half of that. Saying that , the contour+2 does look Like an awesome camera. I like the fact that u can check and adjust the shot and settings on the go thru the phone app... Very clever.
Plus you can rotate it whichever way you want. The front part turns around by I think 270 degrees so you can mount in on the side of your helmet, top, bottom, doesn't matter, your shots will always be level.