Carbon Akra race system

MT09_Shaggy

Reaction score
Anyone preordered or even have one fitted one if they are available in your area ?

Got my name down for one, which I'm told should be here mid June after they were initially supposed to arrive April.

Heard the sound clip on the Akra website, but would really like to see a video of one fitted.

mt09holland

Reaction score
My dealer told me that Yamaha bought the entire Akra allocation for the Netherlands, about 130 pieces.....can't get one outside the dealers for about 3 months....parallel import!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MT09_Shaggy

Reaction score
I spoke to performance parts ltd in the uk, who are main importer. Extremely helpful and quite happy to tell me which dealers were at the top of the list of expected stock, one of which had one spare out of the allocation, which now has my name firmly stamped on it.

I think they said akrapovic ship the 2nd and 4th week of each month, so they should soon be available. Fingers crossed !

Keechy

Reaction score
Seen it before listed by them, but appears to have vanished ????
Had mine on order for a 3 weeks should be with the dealer end of next week. Shaggy do you have a link to the akrapovic site so I can listen to it?

My Toy

Reaction score
Shaggy, what happened to that exhaust you were having built for the bike??

MT09_Shaggy

Reaction score
Shaggy, what happened to that exhaust you were having built for the bike??
Had a change of heart mate, too many unknowns with the race fit and they are soooo busy it would take bloody months.

Saw your toy last week with the sold tag on it ! Looking good. You picked it up yet ?

psychoattractor

Reaction score
pre-ordered the race-fit in March, it was continually delayed so i cancelled my order last week and bought the original Akra for the same price more or less.

The reason i opted for the original is that A- It was available immediately B- If the bike falls over the exhaust will be undamaged C- It fits to look of the bike better imho.

That said, i hope you enjoy your race fit. If it's any louder than the original Akra with the baffle out your ears WILL bleed!

phildash

Reaction score
Hi All

Can anybody tell me where I can see any pictures and info regarding this exhaust system . The link does not seem to go anywhere.

Regards
Phil

MT09_Shaggy

Reaction score
pre-ordered the race-fit in March, it was continually delayed so i cancelled my order last week and bought the original Akra for the same price more or less.

The reason i opted for the original is that A- It was available immediately B- If the bike falls over the exhaust will be undamaged C- It fits to look of the bike better imho.

That said, i hope you enjoy your race fit. If it's any louder than the original Akra with the baffle out your ears WILL bleed!
I'm getting the carbon Akrapovic, the race fit option doesn't sit well with the warranty, plus they are far too busy and I'm impatient !