Carbon Akra race system

MT09_Shaggy

Reaction score

I seriously hope the carbon is easier to work on! Put the baffles back in when I had a moment of shame after ride through a retirement village, and now I've hand to take the box off and it's going into the workshop tomorrow to get hem out, those buggers aren't coming out for love nor money! Loud and proud it is then ....... [emoji13]
How easy were they to put in ?

I'm considering it, is it still throaty. The deep bass at low speed is annoying, but maybe not enough to deny the growl at full chat. Plus I think I would miss those flames !

RipGroove

Reaction score

I'm considering it, is it still throaty. The deep bass at low speed is annoying, but maybe not enough to deny the growl at full chat. Plus I think I would miss those flames !
Absolute ball ache to get in and out, mine took lots of dremel work to get it to the point where it's a nice fit but still goes in and out by hand. At first I hated the deep bass at low revs but I've been out on it a few more times now and I've gotten used to it, it just doesn't bother me anymore so the db killer is staying out!

JCL270

Reaction score
Absolute ball ache to get in and out, mine took lots of dremel work to get it to the point where it's a nice fit but still goes in and out by hand. At first I hated the deep bass at low revs but I've been out on it a few more times now and I've gotten used to it, it just doesn't bother me anymore so the db killer is staying out!
Same feelings here, I wanted to try it in to see what it was like to live with but it's staying out for good now. After a few miles you learn to love the sound, even if nobody else does! [emoji48]

My Toy

Reaction score
CMC rang me yesterday, the carbon akra is in stock. Be quick !!
Ta. I'm in for first service tomorrow so I'll ask. Tbh I'm planning to spend on the suspension first. I've tried all ways of adjusting it and I can't ride the bike like I want to cos of the lack of damping. It sounds ok with the stock system anyway, I'm a pensioner nah tha nose!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slappyhead

Reaction score
Got my carbon Akra today. Baffles came out really easily. Sounds great.

Slappyhead

Reaction score
image.jpg I'm loving this carbon Akra, seems to have smoothed the ride out.

RipGroove

Reaction score
TBH I can't see how people are scraping their exhausts unless they're hitting speed humps too fast, riding on dirt tracks, jumping railway crossings, jumping off curbs or don't have their suspension set up correctly. At the end of the day it's designed for road use, and under normal conditions I just can't see it happening.

Slappyhead

Reaction score
[video=youtube_share;KhUFPuqwMkw]http://youtu.be/KhUFPuqwMkw[/video]

MT09_Shaggy

Reaction score
[video=youtube_share;KhUFPuqwMkw]http://youtu.be/KhUFPuqwMkw[/video]

Looks and sounds awesome !

CMC have fitted the one they have on the latest demo bike, which should be up for sale soon, if anyone interested.

Last edited:

MT09_Shaggy

Reaction score

Had it fitted by SMC, took them 5 minutes and no charge. Top service as usual.

Still quite throaty under acceleration, but missing the flames already !!

M

MT account

TBH I can't see how people are scraping their exhausts unless they're hitting speed humps too fast, riding on dirt tracks, jumping railway crossings, jumping off curbs or don't have their suspension set up correctly. At the end of the day it's designed for road use, and under normal conditions I just can't see it happening.
torn a big rip in mine, shitty road repairs and a poxy steel bar embedded in a speed bump on a main highway! no pics of the rip in the outer casing but im pretty peed off with it.......
20140619_135153.jpg