Centered Dashboard

marki53

Reaction score
I was unsatisfied with the location of the dash so i designed a bracket...

this bracket puts the dash 25mm to the left so the brake fluid container cannot touch the dash when handlebar is set forward

also looks much better this way

- lasercut
- made of stainless steel
- powdercoated
- angled at 15 degrees to match the original angle of the dash
- fits any windshield

price is 40 Euro (approx. 30 GBP) including worldwide shipping, paypal accepted

Attachments

Last edited:

marki53

Reaction score
Really ?

Did only a few so far - all of them went to fellow members of the german mt-09 forum...

Fluke

Reaction score
Is it me or has the whole world gone completely MAD! (Ok calm down. Take a breath, son -Moderator)
You lot are worrying about wether you have to look a little bit to the right to see if you're in third gear or doing 40 mph when there's a far bigger fault to deal with!
I am of course talking about the ridiculous position of the horn button. So ridiculous that the Tracy has it's horn button in the right place.

I know I'm not the only one out there who has tried to warn some oncoming motorist of my presence by aggressively cancelling my indicators.
I want a mod or to know which switchgear I can swap with the bloody useless nonsense Yamaha provided.
Who has the answers?!?!?!?

Seethingly yours, Fluke:mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

marki53

Reaction score
you're absolutely right - can't even count the times i accidently used the horn when trying to indicate...

i solved the problem by indicating only when necessary :rolleyes:

of course there's no real need for the dash mod....

... but it allows the handlebar to be moved in any position, avoids dead flies on the back of the dash and also looks better to me....

i just wanted to do something useful as i started playing with AutoCAD

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
Centering the dash will surely make it more awkward to get the key in? If I was to rotate the bars forward a wee bit (not that I need or want to), the brake fluid reservoir would just miss the dash console in any case. Personally (and it mods like this are so subjective anyway), I like the dash off-centre.

marki53

Reaction score
Mine hit the reservoir so the idea was born...did some different dash mods - this one is the first which doesn't affect the accesibility of the key

marki53

Reaction score
Indeed...but there's plenty of room as you can see in the 3rd image...

marki53

Reaction score
Feel like I'm getting the hard sell!
not really...the fellow members of the german forum were thankful for doing such mods so i thought i'll offer them outside germany too...

nothing more, nothing less...

last post on this forum

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
looks very well designed Mark, and at £30 good value compared to a lot of the shit that's out there, rear peg blanks would be top of that list :/
I have my satnav in the gap on the left, don't think there would be room if the dash was centred.
it could just be a culture clash re the design, Brits like quirky and the Germans like order :)

Clint Kingston

Reaction score
looks very well designed Mark, and at £30 good value compared to a lot of the shit that's out there, rear peg blanks would be top of that list :/
I have my satnav in the gap on the left, don't think there would be room if the dash was centred.
it could just be a culture clash re the design, Brits like quirky and the Germans like order :)
I like the off centre dash... it's not really off centre though the speed readout is pretty much in the centre.

That said cool mod, I'm sure many will appreciate it.

Nickic01

Reaction score
How about an Improved dash.. Is this even possible?

cbshep

Reaction score
I was unsatisfied with the location of the dash so i designed a bracket...

this bracket puts the dash 25mm to the left so the brake fluid container cannot touch the dash when handlebar is set forward

also looks much better this way

- lasercut
- made of stainless steel
- powdercoated
- angled at 15 degrees to match the original angle of the dash
- fits any windshield

price is 40 Euro (approx. 30 GBP) including worldwide shipping, paypal accepted
Hi, how do I purchase one of these? Looks just the thing to sort a problem I have!

cbshep

Reaction score
That's really helpful, laugh, thought I'd never start! Need to move clocks due to change of bars, this would do the trick if I can find out where to buy.