Chain care?

RipGroove

Reaction score
i clean mine with wd40 or petrol , and always use wurth dry chain lube . NO fling or mess every time
I have got some wurth dry lube but stopped using it for some reason, seem to remember it flinging off, attracting dirt or not lasting long or something along those lines.

Y

youngy

I used that Wurth dry lube. never had a fling thing with it although others have. I could never see it on the chain so didn't know how much was on there.

M

MT account

Oilers are quite popular then, might look in to that but in the mean time I'll pick up some lube.

Which do you prefer?

Also what are you lot using to clean your chains?
im using a new toothbrush to clean mine.........it was a nescessary choice as the missus found it in the bedroom and it wasnt hers (its mine darling, i buy it to clean my chain)........:eek:

M

MT account

WD40 is perfectly safe for cleaning an o-ring chain. about the only thing that will attack the o-rings is brake fluid.
and petrol with ethanol in it. we were all changing drive chains on our ER6's every 10,000km as the o rings would get spat out after swelling up. couldnt work out why and thought it was just down to the heat.
someone hung around the kawasaki workshop 1 afternoon while they serviced his bike and he found the mechanic cleaning the chain with gasohol. they did this to all the big bikes! not any more. my last chain was on 18000km since they stopped cleaning them.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wurth brake and chain cleaner and then "silkoline Pro-chain Race" to lube it up. Never had a problem with flinging or anything else for that matter... we use it in the workshop on all the bikes... Never had a complaint yet...."he says"! Lol

mirdif64

Reaction score
Paraffin for cleaning.
SDoc 100 White Chain Spray. Best I've used so far. No fling.

Jay Cee

Reaction score
I use yamalube chain cleaner clean all the muck off once a week, normally lube once every 100miles using castrol chain wax

stevecbr

Reaction score
Gear oil, toothbrush, and an old cloth to wipe away excess. Does fling a little, but cleans up well, and doesnt turn into a grinding paste like a lot of the non fling spray creates