Check ur coolant bottle..!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
cooling fan fixed ! when bike got hot , the plastic cover around the fan melted, & jammed the fan up ! blown fuses & relay ......

keep an eye on your temp guys ! i was sat in dealers for 5 hours while they sorted it.!
I have heard my fan come on plenty of times while sat in traffic but will definitely keep an ear out for this one. Melted covers...! Another problem to add to the growing list of things on this bloody bike lol.

MT-09. Wheelie Wheelie Mental..!

M

MT account

.........jammed cooling fans? add that to the list then......

flydnb

Reaction score
im really cant believe the problems this bike seems to be having regarding quality, im really thinking of maybe selling mine while its on very low miles and getting a better built bike, and il probably get a second hand nearly new like I normally do.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
im really cant believe the problems this bike seems to be having regarding quality, im really thinking of maybe selling mine while its on very low miles and getting a better built bike, and il probably get a second hand nearly new like I normally do.
Same ere. How much u selling ur striple for MT-Account

M

MT account

£4595 is the book price chap. 3000miles. 1 careful owner (the next 1) :) never ridden in the winter......for obvious reasons ;) ill call mark tomorrow n see if hes interested in it and the KH.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
£4595 is the book price chap. 3000miles. 1 careful owner (the next 1) :) never ridden in the winter......for obvious reasons ;) ill call mark tomorrow n see if hes interested in it and the KH.
If he isn't I will do a deal with u bud..!

M

MT account

If he isn't I will do a deal with u bud..!

take a ride down 1 afternoon, quite a nice ride down the A4. i need to get up there wed for the cases so i could horse it in the van-need to decide off mark which 1 he wants to see?

Motley

Reaction score
I'm thinking of ditching mine too. Less than a month old and it's had a fork replaced due to leaking seals. The timing chain tensioner still needs to be replaced, and the brake hose is stripping the paint off the swingarm. Gear shifts are a two-stage clunky affair, not anywhere near as smooth as my Thruxton. I knew I was buying a cheap bike, but it's not like Yamaha starting building bikes yesterday.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm thinking of ditching mine too. Less than a month old and it's had a fork replaced due to leaking seals. The timing chain tensioner still needs to be replaced, and the brake hose is stripping the paint off the swingarm. Gear shifts are a two-stage clunky affair, not anywhere near as smooth as my Thruxton. I knew I was buying a cheap bike, but it's not like Yamaha starting building bikes yesterday.
Ah. I forgot about the paint on the swing arm. A few people have had that one.

MT-09. Wheelie Wheelie Mental

Cypher

Reaction score
Am I seriously reading what I'm reading?! :D

I thought I was the only one getting pissed off with the bike. Having ridden a different type of bike (MT-03) for a few days I'm seriously tempted to get something different. I probably won't for a while but I'm doubting more and more that MT-09 is the bike that I'll keep for years to come.

Camchain tensioner, snatchy throttle, brake hose rubbing paint off the swingarm, disappearing cooling liquid, rusting suspension, what next?... Love it to bits though, can't wait to get it back. Mixed feelings...

stevecbr

Reaction score
I love mine, been on ride round Norfolk coast today, about 150 miles.
Getting 60 mpg. The throttle now doesnt seem to bad, I put clear tape on the swingarm to prevent chaffing.
Riding position is spot on, and suspension is fine for the rough roads I was on today.
The only problem I currently have is the CCT, which only rattles occasionally (and never when I take it back to the dealer)
Miles better than my R1, the same route I did today on the R1 would have been horrible

RipGroove

Reaction score
I love mine, been on ride round Norfolk coast today, about 150 miles.
Getting 60 mpg. The throttle now doesnt seem to bad, I put clear tape on the swingarm to prevent chaffing.
Riding position is spot on, and suspension is fine for the rough roads I was on today.
The only problem I currently have is the CCT, which only rattles occasionally (and never when I take it back to the dealer)
Miles better than my R1, the same route I did today on the R1 would have been horrible
Agreed, have sorted my swingarm out with an oval patch of hard wearing 3M weave tape, suspension is much better now its been tweaked, have no rust or corrosion, cam chain tensioner has been fine so far and am working on the throttle snatch so hopefully all will be well.

Sent from outer space

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Agreed, have sorted my swingarm out with an oval patch of hard wearing 3M weave tape, suspension is much better now its been tweaked, have no rust or corrosion, cam chain tensioner has been fine so far and am working on the throttle snatch so hopefully all will be well.

Sent from outer space
That is the possitive way of thinking when living with an MT-09... cheers man !

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Guess what was hanging out of the expansion tank AGAIN...

Yep u guessed it...the coolant cap. It's the new one that was replaced under warranty 2 weeks ago... as before, it was only being held on there by the rubber feed straw that goes inside the bottle...

flydnb

Reaction score
Maybe theres a problem with the seal, is the actual bottle ok

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe theres a problem with the seal, is the actual bottle ok

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
I think the seal is far too thin and flexible and the force from the air blast pushes it up and over the lip of the bottle...

The actual bottle is in perfect Nick and no marks or damage can be seen...

are you using acid for coolant-is the bike an alien?
I think it's possessed mate lol