Clutch Slipping In 4th, 5th & 6th

TT.IAN

Reaction score
Happy to report, i took the muffs off and slackened the clutch cable and it is not slipping anymore! Cheers for the tips lads !
While on the subject of clutches, has anyone else had a grumbling clutch when released in neutral. It also snatches and lurches forward when changing from N into 1st. 400 miles so far.

Fish1216

Reaction score

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Sounds fabulous mate, cannot wait to get my akra, ive subscribed to your video feed as i find you videos hilarious, love your riding style, if i had a helmet cam you would find i ride the same but not in london.
Thanks for the sub, really appreciated!! . By similar riding style, do you mean gentle, sensitive and always 5mph below the speed limit ;)

crotchrocket

Reaction score
While on the subject of clutches, has anyone else had a grumbling clutch when released in neutral. It also snatches and lurches forward when changing from N into 1st. 400 miles so far.
Mine makes a fair bit of noise, exactly how you described but normally when the engine / oil is cold.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
All of my bikes have "lurched" when being put in gear. They do it if u go from N to 2nd as well. Wudnt worry about it

MT-09.... Wheelie wheelie awesome..!

Birdy

Reaction score
Most bikes clutches are a bit noisy ticking over , hold the revs up a bit and it will go , as TT said no worries , they all do that sir .Mine does make a huge crunch going into first tho, so i am going to ignore it , i think its for the best :cool:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most bikes clutches are a bit noisy ticking over , hold the revs up a bit and it will go , as TT said no worries , they all do that sir .Mine does make a huge crunch going into first tho, so i am going to ignore it , i think its for the best :cool:
The selector fork hits the side of the cog when it moves over into first coz one cog is spinning quicker than the other's.

Does it sound like I know what I'm talking about? Lol

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

TT.IAN

Reaction score
Mine makes a fair bit of noise, exactly how you described but normally when the engine / oil is cold.
Sorry to Elbows and knees in on your thread Crotch, not sure how this forum malarky works.

Anyway, thanks fella's for the reassurance on the clutch noise, will keep and ear on it. Two more laps in today, nearly time for the first service.

Cheers all.