ToastedBlue

Reaction score
me and my last 3 bikes have done nearly 45k miles with no issues
it's perfectly all right if you're proficient at it
if it did they wouldn't sell bikes with electronic quickshifters
just make sure each change is positive and definitely don't do it changing down

stevecbr

Reaction score
Do it very occasionally on every bike i have owned, and never had problems, only seems suitable to do it when your really going for it, and dont want to loosen your grip on the bars! The majority of the time l use the clutch

R6owdlad

Reaction score
Do it very occasionally on every bike i have owned, and never had problems, only seems suitable to do it when your really going for it, and dont want to loosen your grip on the bars! The majority of the time l use the clutch
Yep
I only do it when I'm hanging on lol!

bingowatts

Reaction score
Do it all the time, tho i must say , it's so much easier on my Thundercats as the gearbox is a peach. Both up and down the box, sounds just like iv'e got a quick shifter. Even do it in the works van.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Don't really see the point while road riding, I don't need to save milliseconds. Plus I've seen the damage it can do to the drive dogs on the gears and how a very small amount of damage can lead to problems.

Sent from my iPhone 

Stan09

Reaction score
I do it. My mate who is a very good bike mechanic, told me it does not damage the gear box. He said it's the best way to change up, as it puts less strain on the gear box than using the clutch. But I use the clutch to change up from 1st to 2nd. Also I change down using the clutch.

Pool Boy

Reaction score
I do it. . But I use the clutch to change up from 1st to 2nd. Also I change down using the clutch.
Me too.
And I've recently found I can go down the box when coasting
I figure that as long as it's smooth, with no crunching, it's not doing any harm and it concentrates the mind on riding smoothly

Clint Kingston

Reaction score
I have done it both up and down on all my bikes for hundreds of thousands of kilometres with no ill effect, the sequential gear box is designed to do it. Recently fitted a quick shifter on the MT full throttle up shifts, very fun.

Pool Boy

Reaction score
I have done it both up and down on all my bikes for hundreds of thousands of kilometres with no ill effect, the sequential gear box is designed to do it. Recently fitted a quick shifter on the MT full throttle up shifts, very fun.
How big a job is it to fit the quick shifter ?
Always fancied one but been put off by the complexity of fitting what, for me, would be a toy as I'm not the quickest of riders so it's not going to make me into a Rossi or Lorenzo.

Clint Kingston

Reaction score
Always fancied one but been put off by the complexity of fitting what, for me, would be a toy as I'm not the quickest of riders so it's not going to make me into a Rossi or Lorenzo.
The H&M plus quick shifter is essentially plug and play.

1. remove seat
2. remove tank
3. plug the supplied harness inline with ignition
4. remove shift linkage
5. replace shift linkage with Pressure sensor and 135mm shift rod
6. decide where you want to put the control unit (it's very small so plenty of places you can put it)
7. rout and secure wiring
8. install tank
9. install seat
10. tweak pressure switch sensitivity and ignition cut off timing.

to use it just hold the throttle wide open and click up the gears. It takes some getting used to, for me even as someone who clutchless shifts it feels so unnatural at first to not blip the throttle. when you click up a gear the pressure switch cuts the ignition (in my settings about 0.065 seconds) giving you a very smooth and fast full throttle up shift.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Rip Groove, don't see the point in saving milli-seconds ? Simons ecu flash Hmm!
Haha I got the flash to smooth out my fuelling, the extra get up and go was just a bonus.

Sent from my iPhone 

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We fit them with the ecu flash...!
Very quick and easy to install....!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The H&M plus quick shifter is essentially plug and play.

1. remove seat
2. remove tank
3. plug the supplied harness inline with ignition
4. remove shift linkage
5. replace shift linkage with Pressure sensor and 135mm shift rod
6. decide where you want to put the control unit (it's very small so plenty of places you can put it)
7. rout and secure wiring
8. install tank
9. install seat
10. tweak pressure switch sensitivity and ignition cut off timing.

to use it just hold the throttle wide open and click up the gears. It takes some getting used to, for me even as someone who clutchless shifts it feels so unnatural at first to not blip the throttle. when you click up a gear the pressure switch cuts the ignition (in my settings about 0.065 seconds) giving you a very smooth and fast full throttle up shift.
Or........
Buy one from us that goes through the ecu so the only thing that needs to be removed from the bike is the seat as it runs through the tip over sensor....!

stofer

Reaction score
Need quickshifter details

Hi Triple Trouble
I'm interested in the quickshift you mentioned.
Can you give more details?
Tnx.