Come on lets have a bit of Banter

MJ09

Reaction score
UK, Midlands between coventry and Birmingham
I (we, must remember the other half) bought a Tom Tom Rider 400 Pro at the NEC show, we benefited from the price wars and got, I think, about the cheapest on the day. This became our Christmas present to us.

I have used car type Tom Toms in the past but have always struggled to see the screen detail. Lets see if this is any better. It came with the locking bar mount kit. This has a live feed and I wired that to the spare 12v socket block connector below the screen. This also has the benefit of being fused and only powered when the ignition is on. I'll start using it in the spring and will be able to answer any performance questions then..

LewFZ1, if you have been watching the UK news you will know that the UK thermostat has indeed been turned up. Its 14c in the Midlands as I type this. Unfortunately the stopcock appears to have been turned the wrong way and much of your old riding roads may be more suitable for jet skis at the moment. Good to see that Severn Trent water are still trying to persuade us to rip out all of our garden plants and replace them with Cactus as this is more environmentally friendly for the drought conditions that "Global warming" will bring us this year. My lawn has even deeper standing water than the Birmingham City outdoor ice rink.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Advantages and dis-advantages of living in Spain...
I guess this would be one of your advantages, only thing I saw for almost 20 minutes on this bit of Spanish road recently were these two motorbikes (a Honda and some old Yamaha ;) ;) )

fizzy

Reaction score
I (we, must remember the other half) bought a Tom Tom Rider 400 Pro at the NEC show, we benefited from the price wars and got, I think, about the cheapest on the day. This became our Christmas present to us.

I have used car type Tom Toms in the past but have always struggled to see the screen detail. Lets see if this is any better. It came with the locking bar mount kit. This has a live feed and I wired that to the spare 12v socket block connector below the screen. This also has the benefit of being fused and only powered when the ignition is on. I'll start using it in the spring and will be able to answer any performance questions then..

LewFZ1, if you have been watching the UK news you will know that the UK thermostat has indeed been turned up. Its 14c in the Midlands as I type this. Unfortunately the stopcock appears to have been turned the wrong way and much of your old riding roads may be more suitable for jet skis at the moment. Good to see that Severn Trent water are still trying to persuade us to rip out all of our garden plants and replace them with Cactus as this is more environmentally friendly for the drought conditions that "Global warming" will bring us this year. My lawn has even deeper standing water than the Birmingham City outdoor ice rink.
You will have no problem with the tomtom 2 of us used one for a 3000 mile trip around Europe (mainly the alps ) this summer it works really well a quality bit of kit and superb in direct sun light

Kinjane

Reaction score
Had enough of the UK weather so am off abroad again. I've just picked up a great deal on a vacant third floor apartment at Nakatomi Plaza. If anyone else is thinking of doing the same,
don't forget to quote the discount code JMc at time of booking.

Treble

Reaction score
Thanks,I just talked to Gruber,I have now reserved the 33rd floor for my computer business.

Reaction score
Advantages and dis-advantages of living in Spain. One of the advantages is I can more or less ride all year round. I tend to ride more in the winter months than say the summer season. Two reasons really the summer months are far to hot with all the gear on. I refuse to be a Tee shirt & shorts rider out here. Other reasons are to many tourists driving around 1/2 pissed and not sure what side of the road they should be on. I had a close call in July when a muppet decided to go the wrong way round a around about.
When I do got out on the bike in Summer I head up into the mountains about 6 pm as by that time the holiday makers have headed back down to the coast, plus it is getting cooler. I have good summer gear airtex vented jacket and trousers but still way to warm.

What are your likes and dislikes about were you live and ride.

I used to live in Hoylake on the Wirral and loved it there when the weather was good, Only 25 minutes run and you were in N Wales, an hour up to the Lake District same again for the Lancashire & Yorkshire dales.

I have a mate who lives in Stockton on Tees, quite often we would arrange a meeting point 1/2 way and have a ride around Settle, Hawes areas. Some great rides and great memories. If someone would find the stop cock to turn the rain off. Find the Thermostat to turn the heat up just a few degrees I may well return to the UK and forget the sun sand and sea of the Spanish Costa's :)
You are making me want to retire ! I would love to live in Italy and ride our bikes every day.So many great bikes these days for new riders to choose from. Your right we have some fantastic places in the UK in fact I am sampling the Cotswolds right now on a short break ( in the car). Thursday I will get the bike out and nip up the Ponderosa see if they have that lovely tomato and red pepper soup yummy.

Happy New Year

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Ah!! the Ponderosa used to be one of my favourite haunts summer or winter and as you say that soup lovely. During the summer months though you had to watch out for the sheep , not just on the horse shoe pass, but even in the car par at the Pondi lol.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
I was lying in bed this morning and I said to my Mrs when we first got married we lived in a shed, had a knackered old car and a black and white TV, you were 23 and really red hot in bed.
Now we have a detatched villa in Spain, private swimming pool new cars each etc!
I looked at her and said I don't think you have kept your side of the bargain!!!
She said to me okay love, you go out and get yourself a 23 year old girl who will be really hot in bed!!!

Do that and I will ensure you will be back living in a shed , driving a knackered old car and watching a black and white TV.

Amazing the wisdom of older women:rolleyes:

LewFZ1

Reaction score
I was in a graveyard today and I saw 4 blokes carrying a coffin.
About an hour later I saw the same blokes with the same coffin still walking about.

I thought to myself, these guys have lost the plot.

My Toy

Reaction score
I was thrown out of the disco last night, when they played Jump I jumped, when they played the twist I twisted, but it all kicked off when they played Come on Eileen [emoji15]

A vee four and an inline triple, the two best sounds in motorcycling. [emoji101]

KatanaAl

Reaction score
I treated myself to a BMW R Nine T for Christmas, not parting with the Tracer or the Super 10 mind. It's going to be my sunny Sunday afternoon bike if we ever get any.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
DSC_0024.jpg

Just to cheer you all up , this is Almond blossom, Costa Blanca Spain. I know you are all in the depths of winter.Out here were we have not had any rain for a month. 19 degrees today, wall to wall sunshine.
Sorry a hard life but someone has to put up with it.
Lew

LewFZ1

Reaction score
The annoying thing is though I have not had the bike for two weeks now. It is in Alicante, Timing chain and the adjusting plates for the drive chain. Warranty work. See my rants on the timing chain thread. Getting her back on Monday, thankfully the weather forecast is wall to wall sunshine with highs 18/20 degrees all next week. I will get a few photos and share . They maybe will give you a lift seeing what sunshine looks like or totally piss you all off and have sticking pins into an effigy of me :)