DBKiller Baffle Akrapovic removal and fit guide

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
been running mine without the db killer since I got it , keep meaning to cut the db killer down but keep delaying it !!!! really wish me ears weren't fucked because then I'd leave it out , it's playing havoc with me tinnitus but I've got to admit it sounds AWESOME !!!!!!!!!! ;)

wiggy

Reaction score
Rather than cut the internal tubes down I have just cut slots in mine so everything remains as Akra intended, plus with the small hole drilled as mentioned above they come out a treat, the biggest problem was locating the screw..
I prefer the baffles in for everyday riding without a doubt, it runs a lot smoother and possibly a bit more punch.

20160803_100203_resized.jpg20160803_100214_resized.jpg20160803_100223_resized.jpg

fetor566

Reaction score
I drilled a 3mm hole, in the forward facing baffle tube ( when looked at from the side ). If you drill the innermost part if this individual baffle tube. Make a hook on one end of a 3mm piece of stainless rod and 90 bend on the opposite end. Hook the rod onto the baffle, pliars on the 90degree end, and tap (hard) with a small hammer. Baffles come out easier.
After trying different methods i tried this....it works GREAT.
The only variations i did with it is i continued the drill hole to another outlet,now having 2 points to attach an Allen key.
Pliers on the end of the key and hit it a few times with a hammer(moderately not hard).....Easy.
Thanks Andrew for the tip.