Disc Pads

Coopie

Reaction score
So I fitted some Braking wavy discs about 10 days ago before the front suspension upgrade and got no noticable improvment .
Then the suspension was done Friday last and the brakes can now be used so much harder .
But Sunday I fitted SBS pads and the brakes are now eye popping . My God they are good . If you are needing brake pads
I can really recommend SBS

MT-09 Wessons 005 (2).jpg

Last edited:

lee1980

Reaction score
Yess ~I want these but will no doubt wait until stock are worn out! be like 10 years from now lol

Now ive done up the preload I still find stock pads and discs a bit lacking now its summer, do wonder if I broke them in to softly during cold spell when i got the bike.

Coopie

Reaction score
Yess ~I want these but will no doubt wait until stock are worn out! be like 10 years from now lol

Now ive done up the preload I still find stock pads and discs a bit lacking now its summer, do wonder if I broke them in to softly during cold spell when i got the bike.
That could be true .......... you could always take the pads out and give em a good seeing to with some course sand paper to shift any glaze that's formed

Coopie

Reaction score
I put the rear SBS pads in today and after a short bedding in period the back brake is even better now , just like the front .

I'm not a big user of the rear brake in normal circumstances , but it's nice to know they are there when you need the extra stopping like a SMIDSY

I bought them off eBay as a set (front and rear) for £55 which I think is a bargain . bikextremeuk are the kiddies to look for .

marthy

Reaction score
I bought a set of China rotors similar to those. Was fine for normal riding but I killed them at the track (glazing).

I opted for the EBC pro rotors instead (320mm). Quite more expensive but it gets the job done! I left the rear brake alone...

Coopie

Reaction score
I bought a set of China rotors similar to those. Was fine for normal riding but I killed them at the track (glazing).

I opted for the EBC pro rotors instead (320mm). Quite more expensive but it gets the job done! I left the rear brake alone...
Ahhh there you go ........... buy cheap and pay twice . The Chinese stuff only looks the same

M

MT account

i dont have issues with chinese stuff? its all made in the same factory anyway......i got wise to the brand name b/s years ago after visiting china to see where it all gets made....
20150428_184730.jpg