ECU update

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's a very fortunate position to be in lol.
Pmsl. Yes it is and wots even more fortunate is that another mate of mine owns a bike training school with a shop attached to it and he does a lovely line in Bering, Schuberth, scorpion, Rukka and halvarsons. I sometimes help him out on the training side of things so it's all good lol

Darrenbiker

Reaction score
Pmsl. Yes it is and wots even more fortunate is that another mate of mine owns a bike training school with a shop attached to it and he does a lovely line in Bering, Schuberth, scorpion, Rukka and halvarsons. I sometimes help him out on the training side of things so it's all good lol
I'm looking for an exhaust and comfort seat if you hear of anything ;)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure, to be honest I'm not that fussy, not to keen on hacking my standard system tho. How much are the seats I've seen them on yammabits for £174.
Then just get a whole new system
Lol.
To be fair it's hard to beat yammabits prices as they are in jersey/guernsey....tax free...[emoji21]

Birdy

Reaction score
So if i got this right , we get a free ecu flash, BUT it may tame the bike down , and is irreversible ? Much as i love free stuff , have to wait n see on this .:confused:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So if i got this right , we get a free ecu flash, BUT it may tame the bike down , and is irreversible ? Much as i love free stuff , have to wait n see on this .:confused:
Well I for one WONT be getting mine re flashed. I love the power it has now (and it will wipe off my custom map )! Lol

scotscoot09

Reaction score
I'm with triple on that one. Love the way the bike acts. If ever there's a time when I want smoother throttle response ( wet roads) I just leave it on standard, or lately I've been on B mode due to my rear tyre being pants.

It came straight from the horses mouth guys , Garry was the gentlemans name , he said it's totally up to the individual if they want it or not, but once it has been uploaded it's there for good , his exact words were
" A , B & standard all take a step back in terms of sensitivity"
Obviously some hacker of some sort will figure out how to plug it into his iphone and change things resulting in a return to its original map.

The other thing is , if you have a pc5 , copy the bikes standard map before the upgrade, and if you don't like it then I dare say you could adjust it yourself.

flydnb

Reaction score
Dont like the sound of taming the bike hmmmm and i cant believe it cant be undone becsause its just a flash of the system.

Jim_Royle

Reaction score
So we need to know if the free flash closes the security hole that allows us to get our ECU flashed.

On the other hand they may mean that you get one free flash from Yamaha and that is all. Obviously we hope it's the later.

Kinjane

Reaction score
I've put the original map back into my Triumph ecu several times without problem. I see no reason what makes this Yamaha any different or special that an earlier map cannot be reflashed more than once into its ECU.

Any factory update is usually free and considered part of or carried out during a service. I would think it's as hoped, you get the scheduled update free, everything else you pay for.

If the SR seat story is anything to go by, you will have to pay dearly for it as well !

M

MT account

You may be right ,I know very little bowt how the ecu actually works and the only flashing I know of upsets my neighbors
true there, the last time i was flashed was in a phuket gogo bar

...........and she had a bigger 1 than me.............:eek:

marthy

Reaction score
My local dealer Raceways Fleetwood has received the info on the ECU update so it has arrived in UK.

General points below, dealers have full details
▪ The change will be made under warranty.
▪ It affects about the first quarter of throttle in all three modes.
▪ The changes cannot be reversed.
▪ Yamaha suggests that riders who don't have a problem don't have it done.

I am sticking with G2 and DNA filter for time being.
Some Italian member pop up in the other house with only good words on the upgrade...

Quote; "Personally I updated my one about 10 days ago and the result is amazing. Honestly I feel a big difference only in standard mode which is now a real intermediate map. The throttle response is now very linear and you can modulate the gas easily into the turns. Some other people feel changes also in A mode..."

marthy

Reaction score
The changes are certainly across all three modes. I am pleased he is happy with it, then again he may not have fitted the G2 and DNA filter. Having fitted them I don't need any more mods. Working on the principle "if it ain't broke don't fix it", as my bike "ain't broken" I don't need to fix it.:cool:
Im in the same boat... My ECU has been flash 3 time by Stoltec to massage the throttle maps then I ship it again to Flashtune to have a custom map done and remove the speed limiter (track day thing)

But its nice to let everyone know that there's option other than $200 Flashtune.

Birdy

Reaction score
Im in the same boat... My ECU has been flash 3 time by Stoltec to massage the throttle maps then I ship it again to Flashtune to have a custom map done and remove the speed limiter (track day thing)

But its nice to let everyone know that there's option other than $200 Flashtune.
Just out of interest marthy, whats the top end with the limiter removed ?:cool:

marthy

Reaction score
Just out of interest marthy, whats the top end with the limiter removed ?:cool:
They should have got my ECU today. Hoping to get it back late this week or early next week. I have a track day at the end of the month that I'm trying to go, if not early September. Not thinking about getting in those speed down the road... :)

Birdy

Reaction score
They should have got my ECU today. Hoping to get it back late this week or early next week. I have a track day at the end of the month that I'm trying to go, if not early September. Not thinking about getting in those speed down the road... :)
Good lord no !! Just purely scientific interest old chap !:rolleyes: Im guessing it will be around 145-150 if you can hang on !!