ECU update

RipGroove

Reaction score
My local dealer Raceways Fleetwood has received the info on the ECU update so it has arrived in UK.

General points below, dealers have full details
The change will be made under warranty.
It affects about the first quarter of throttle in all three modes.
The changes cannot be reversed.
Yamaha suggests that riders who don't have a problem don't have it done.

I am sticking with G2 and DNA filter for time being.
Well that kinda sucks in a way. On one hand I'm happy with mine now but on the other hand I'm curious about how the new revised map will be [emoji51]

Anyone planning on getting theirs done by Yamaha?

misscrabstick

Reaction score
yes, I spoke to my tech today and he is contacting Yamaha to sort it for me, I will report back, I was very close to getting the flash bench update kit from velox.com, but I have put that on hold for now, further smoothing of the low down power delivery would make me happy, I am not too bothered about the top gear restrictions, if I want to go 140 mph it's easier to do it on my Thunderace that does it in complete comfort with me behind a fairing rather than having me head snapped off at 125 mph! :)

RipGroove

Reaction score
yes, I spoke to my tech today and he is contacting Yamaha to sort it for me, I will report back, I was very close to getting the flash bench update kit from velox.com, but I have put that on hold for now, further smoothing of the low down power delivery would make me happy, I am not too bothered about the top gear restrictions, if I want to go 140 mph it's easier to do it on my Thunderace that does it in complete comfort with me behind a fairing rather than having me head snapped off at 125 mph! :)
Will look forward to hearing about it [emoji41]

M

MT account

from the write up i read above id suspect theyre putting the usa map in as thats as flat as a fart.

M

MT account

Woah well I hope that's not the case.
well, if the fz ecu would work in an MT id bring it back with me and let everyone try it. but it wont work in a UK bike as it doesnt have an immobiliser so you'll just have to take my word for it. its flat in the bottom end, no snatch, no light throttle wheelies, its still an awesome ride......but the MT is wilder.:eek:

john69

Reaction score
hi everone i just spoke to woking yamaha about this and there is a new map setting which is available now but they dont recommend it but will do it no problem for free, it will change all 3 modes in the first quarter of the throttle so not so snatchy, they also said they would not be doing it on there demo bike, iam not sure what to do

RipGroove

Reaction score
hi everone i just spoke to woking yamaha about this and there is a new map setting which is available now but they dont recommend it but will do it no problem for free, it will change all 3 modes in the first quarter of the throttle so not so snatchy, they also said they would not be doing it on there demo bike, iam not sure what to do
Sounds like it'll make the MT feel less powerful then as they don't want it on their demo bike. I'm happy with my current setup so unless I hear a lot of good reports about the new map I'm staying away from it. At least with my current setup I can switch back to normal I feel like it.

CT/

Reaction score
I,m hoping for a new map that livens the A mode up abit, feels a little sluggish :mad:

sporti

Reaction score
I,m hoping for a new map that livens the A mode up abit, feels a little sluggish :mad:
maybe you have one with the ECU update?

.........1st time I've heard that from hundreds of owners...........

RipGroove

Reaction score
Assuming you've got a UK spec MT then I'd get it dyno'd if you think its sluggish. I have a hard job keeping the front wheel down on mine under acceleration. 1st, 2nd & 3rd the wheel lifts on its own, 4th onwards only needs a bump in the road or a clutch pop and it's up again. Power comes on instantly all through the revs in A-mode. If it was any livelier I'd have to fit a wheelie bar.

Ivorwetwun

Reaction score
Just come back from a howling run from Newport, Hereford, Brecon, Newport, A mode all the way.

Had the bike 2 weeks, was concerned initially about the throttle, but getting used to it already.

If the new map loses horsepowers or torques, I'll keep it as is, but will fit the G2.

No bike is perfect, but this is AWESOME!

marthy

Reaction score
Assuming you've got a UK spec MT then I'd get it dyno'd if you think its sluggish. I have a hard job keeping the front wheel down on mine under acceleration. 1st, 2nd & 3rd the wheel lifts on its own, 4th onwards only needs a bump in the road or a clutch pop and it's up again. Power comes on instantly all through the revs in A-mode. If it was any livelier I'd have to fit a wheelie bar.
90% of the jerky throttle comes from being lean... once that fix the bike is a beast and still run smooth.

CT/

Reaction score
maybe you have one with the ECU update?

.........1st time I've heard that from hundreds of owners...........
Sorry dudes, i was just takin the pisss , was interested to see what responces i got, A mode is A for AWSOME ...:cool:

M

MT account

Sorry dudes, i was just takin the pisss , was interested to see what responces i got, A mode is A for AWSOME ...:cool:
and B is for bollocks.............or bolloxed. then it would be helpful.....

Stuggesjoerd

Reaction score
Dear all,

I have recently purchased a MT-09. And reading into it, I noticed the ECU was a problem for me aswell.
Are the reflashes still being executed? If so I am greatly interested as I am currently living in the Netherlands.

Looking forward to your prompt reply!

atomic

Reaction score
Yesterday i went to my Yamaha dealer to setup CO value for my Akra Ti with data tool since for 2016 it is not posiblle to change trough dash board. He also told me that Yamaha relised new map for model 2016 ABS/TCS few days ago. Update is for free but i wanted to check is anybody already went with this new flash?

chump

Reaction score
What is the effect of the 2016 remap? I like mine as it is.

atomic

Reaction score
I also like mine as it is. No jerks or sudden throttle reaction at cruising speed . Now when I put Acra Ti it is even smoother at lower revs .
Even dealer could't say what are benefits from new update :confused: so i was wondering if anyone knows what the benefits of this new update .

barton

Reaction score
I thought the snatchy throttle was do to fuel deceleration cut off. If you richen it up it masks the problem but dosent get rid