Engine Case Covers

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So...

After finding out how shit the yamaha engine case sliders really are.

This is the result of how shit they are...

Im thinking of putting on the R&G engine case covers instead of replacing the wank yamaha engine case sliders.

Anyone had/got these on their MT?

MadGelo

Reaction score
I assume it broke off?
Without it, the damage would have been much worse, surely.
They are so fucking expensive, iv expected better tho

Last edited:

Locksmith

Reaction score
Shit, have you had an off TT?

Worryingly I've got those fitted.

relz

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't expect that from a 250$ Yamaha part.

I wanted to buy them, but couldn't justify the cost. I ended up buying the T-Rex protectors for less than half the price.

Now I've just got to mount them and wait (hopefully never) to test them. I'll report back if I have a similar situation so we can compare the results.

fizzy

Reaction score
So...

After finding out how shit the yamaha engine case sliders really are.

This is the result of how shit they are...

Im thinking of putting on the R&G engine case covers instead of replacing the wank yamaha engine case sliders.

Anyone had/got these on their MT?
Hi Mate ,Coatsy's got the R&G ones fitted they look like they would give good protection and a mate of mine has some GB racing ones fitted to his bmw rr that look the dog's , very trick and good quality full set available on eBay to fit the mt for 217 smackers,,, is the mt back on the road?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Fizzy...
No the MT is still in the workshop... Porsche finally admitted liability yesterday..almost two and a half weeks after it happened...
We looked on GB's website and cudnt see any for the MT. Quite fancied them as they are good quality...
Will stick the R&G covers on and see how they look.
Locksmith if u read a thread I posted about Porsche drivers it will explain everything lol

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Hi Fizzy...
No the MT is still in the workshop... Porsche finally admitted liability yesterday..almost two and a half weeks after it happened...
We looked on GB's website and cudnt see any for the MT. Quite fancied them as they are good quality...
Locksmith if u read a thread I posted about Porsche drivers it will explain everything lol
I had a great experience with a Porsche and the nob behind the wheel back in '92..... His driver window didn't survive.....

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a great experience with a Porsche and the nob behind the wheel back in '92..... His driver window didn't survive.....
This one decided to reverse on a country lane whilst in a traffic jam and take my bike with him....!

fizzy

Reaction score
Hi Fizzy...
The R&G are good but they look a bit jelly mouldish especially the clutch cover side , GB the ones look a bit more trick don't know why they aren't
on there website if you search on ebay there's a couple of sellers doing them
Hopefully you will get the bike back soon mate

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The R&G are good but they look a bit jelly mouldish especially the clutch cover side , GB the ones look a bit more trick don't know why they aren't
on there website if you search on ebay there's a couple of sellers doing them
Hopefully you will get the bike back soon mate
Will have a look on the bay then. Cheers Keith.

Davy

Reaction score
I put the Yam ones on mine, did think they were a bit flimsy at the time.. bloody expensive too.

Matt Grey

Reaction score
I got the SW Motech frame sliders.

They're very unobtrusive visually, and if I never find out whether they're any good or not, I'll be a happy man.

Last edited:

flydnb

Reaction score
I don't really see the point in covering a bike in sliders on forks and swinging arm and engine, surely this is what we pay our insurance for and if you take into account all the extra it costs to buy these approx. 300+ gbp surely you would be better off having excess protect and no claims protect which on my policy isnt any more than 50 quid for both, and even if you drop you're bike there is no garuntee that the sliders and bobbins etc are going to fully protect it, I can understand if you are doing trackdays etc as theres a good chance your insurance wont cover you in full but for normal road riding I just don't get it .

Matt Grey

Reaction score
I guess if I have a tipover or something silly like that in a car park etc, hopefully the frame sliders will stop the bike from getting damaged

Without them then a couple of little scratches on the engine casing = insurance claim, hassle, time without the bike waiting for it be repaired, pay excess etc

Anything high speed on the roads, probably not gonna do jack shit.

flydnb

Reaction score
I use protection because my excess is 500£
ok but if you take out excess protect then they pay all the repairs on accidents over 500 and that's starting from £0.00 a dropped bike would easily be over 500 quid with labour charges etc .

MadGelo

Reaction score
ok but if you take out excess protect then they pay all the repairs on accidents over 500 and that's starting from £0.00 a dropped bike would easily be over 500 quid with labour charges etc .
Dropped my bike couple of weeks ago, the engine slider took most of it. Was very low speed tho, but still.

I do hate the look of all this sliders and shit tho.

Maybe I take them off later, but since I am rather new and drops are likely to happen, I think ill keep them for another season.

Impostor1981

Reaction score
Dont expect too much from RG. Had them on my R1 and they went through and belive me bike did not slide far. Speed probably 25 mph, distance bike traveled on its side approx 8-10m. Cover scraped through and casing still got scraped. Next time I will add some alu plates to RG covers to do the job