Engine Case Covers

slowrider

Reaction score
here... mine... i sort of made it myself. cheap ass sliders that is...
bought the pieces from ebay including longer slider pucks and bolts.
measured it to make sure it will touch the ground first in case of tipped over. i know if it falls at speed it would probably not help much...

i saw dave mckenna's frame sliders and if anyone else ever did... that is what you need to really protect the bike when it falls... i wonder if we can actually buy it somewhere??? anyone knows?

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j31/crotchrocket3000/MT-09/stunt1_zps3d5fcf8e.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j31/crotchrocket3000/MT-09/stunt2_zps810ec10e.jpg

but for now... these are my little angels... lol

IMG_20140920_133319.jpg

IMG_20140920_133416.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

relz

Reaction score
I don't really see the point in covering a bike in sliders on forks and swinging arm and engine, surely this is what we pay our insurance for and if you take into account all the extra it costs to buy these approx. 300+ gbp surely you would be better off having excess protect and no claims protect which on my policy isnt any more than 50 quid for both, and even if you drop you're bike there is no garuntee that the sliders and bobbins etc are going to fully protect it, I can understand if you are doing trackdays etc as theres a good chance your insurance wont cover you in full but for normal road riding I just don't get it .
Damage/theft Insurance is so ridiculously overpriced here, for motorbikes, that no one does it. We just hope for the best :(

I'm paying about 840 gbp annually just for the basic insurance (for health damage) mandated by law!

flydnb

Reaction score
Damage/theft Insurance is so ridiculously overpriced here, for motorbikes, that no one does it. We just hope for the best :(

I'm paying about 840 gbp annually just for the basic insurance (for health damage) mandated by law!
wow that's a lot mate.

relz

Reaction score
He IS in Israel fly....!
Meaning what?

It's not enough that we've got to deal with a constant war against terrorism, we deserve to pay overpriced prices for motorbikes and insurance too! lol
Everything

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Meaning what?

It's not enough that we've got to deal with a constant war against terrorism, we deserve to pay overpriced prices for motorbikes and insurance too! lol
Everything
Meaning ur NOT in the UK so that's y it wud seem expensive to fly...!
Oh....and that ur in one of the most "fought about" places on the planet lol

RipGroove

Reaction score
Hi Fizzy...
No the MT is still in the workshop... Porsche finally admitted liability yesterday..almost two and a half weeks after it happened...
We looked on GB's website and cudnt see any for the MT. Quite fancied them as they are good quality...
Will stick the R&G covers on and see how they look.
Locksmith if u read a thread I posted about Porsche drivers it will explain everything lol
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=301347934431

Sent from my iPhone

Cypher

Reaction score
They are shit and not worth 10% of wot they cost. Lesson learnt
I knew that since I first saw them. That's why I never bothered. Not sure if the T-Rex ones would have been better. Luckily I didn't have to test them, the bike is still unsold in Romford :D

I have jewish blood my boy!
[video=youtube;CHYD83-sogE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHYD83-sogE&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Last edited:

relz

Reaction score
I installed the T-Rex engine covers the other day, they seem pretty solid (quite thick plastic), and the installation was straightforward.
Thanks to some members warning about oil leaks during installation, I made sure to have the bike leaning slightly to the opposite side, while removing the bolts and had no leak whatsoever.
The given bolts screwed in a bit too tight to my liking (the Yamaha bolts came out with no resistance at all), I really hope they have quality threads and they didn't ruin or put any excess pressure on the internal engine case thread.

IMG_20141025_221357.jpg

IMG_20141025_221407.jpg

After tightening all the bolts, I realized that this little tube-holder-bracket thing fell out and, I've got to loosen the left side bolts to get it back in, *bummer*, but it wasn't too bad.

IMG_20141025_220855.jpg

The only problem I see now are those ugly gold coloured bolts, I'll swap them for regular silver coloured ones as soon as possible. I guess they're supposed to fit in with the gold forks of the US models.

triple

Reaction score
Partslist please :)

Hi mate,

I've just bought one of these in QLD and am looking to make myself a set of sliders like yours. What set did you wind up getting and what did you use for the extensions? just Al pipe or similar with really long bolts?

Cheers mate

here... mine... i sort of made it myself. cheap ass sliders that is...
bought the pieces from ebay including longer slider pucks and bolts.
measured it to make sure it will touch the ground first in case of tipped over. i know if it falls at speed it would probably not help much...

i saw dave mckenna's frame sliders and if anyone else ever did... that is what you need to really protect the bike when it falls... i wonder if we can actually buy it somewhere??? anyone knows?

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j31/crotchrocket3000/MT-09/stunt1_zps3d5fcf8e.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j31/crotchrocket3000/MT-09/stunt2_zps810ec10e.jpg

but for now... these are my little angels... lol

View attachment 2320

View attachment 2321