Evotech rad guard

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
why the feck don't they supply it with all 3 bolts of correct length ?
1 OEM bolt goes back in which is now 3 or 4mm shorter than it should be so, being the ham fisted fucker that I am, the slightest over tightening of that bolt results in a de-thread and an unsecure fan mount :(
off to find the correct length bolt and pray it works :/

lee1980

Reaction score
Just got mine in post today, not fitting until weekend, what size bolt do you think is needed?
I have to say there crash bungs and pillion plates fitted very well and supplied with everything, really nicely boxed up to in post.

lee1980

Reaction score
Buggero just got mine out and it's warped a bit across the diagonal, might a happened when I took home in back pack!
Was yours all flat?

Burg308

Reaction score
Mine was warped,I phoned them and they assured me it was normal ,apparently it's what happens when they press it out,and to be fair when it's all bolted up there is no problem ,the bolt is though.

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
warping is normal on pressed panels like these
standard bolt is 14mm so I've put an 18mm (thread length) bolt in and it seems ok but have dipped it in thread lock for good measure

I have Evotech levers and tail tidy and they're excellent quality, but why does the rad guard include 2 replacement bolts and not the 3rd ? weird :/

lee1980

Reaction score
Thanks was gona say it be pretty hard to bend it in me bag really lol, did evotech say anything about supplying a longer bolt etc?

Is it worth me trying to fit on weekend or get correct length bolt first? is it one of the ones on side where there is 2 bolts?

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
Thanks was gona say it be pretty hard to bend it in me bag really lol, did evotech say anything about supplying a longer bolt etc?
Is it worth me trying to fit on weekend or get correct length bolt first? is it one of the ones on side where there is 2 bolts?
haven't contacted Evotech yet
yes, get the correct length bolt first, test fit it hand tight first too, and yes it's the top one on the right side

lee1980

Reaction score
haven't contacted Evotech yet
yes, get the correct length bolt first, test fit it hand tight first too, and yes it's the top one on the right side
I see I guess is to take up the extra 3-4mm thickness of the new rad cover bracket? any idea what size it is m4 etc?

derek28862

Reaction score
also couldn't get original washers off the oe bolt do you put new screws in without washer between bracket and rad

lee1980

Reaction score
image.jpgJust fitted mine, I can't see there being any problem, the new bracket obviously means the bolt is not goin in so far but with other bolt under it ain't going anywhere on right side. I left the o.e stepped washer on mine, it came of easily though, the new bolts have serrated heads so doubt will come undone and only Nick em up tight.
I used thread lock to just incase!
See pic:

derek28862

Reaction score
you only need a bigger bolt if you have put the evotech bracket over the top of the rad bracket instead of on the inside as pic shows

lee1980

Reaction score
ahh well yeah there instructions to me look to show there bracket going under the fan bracket as arrows show it being lifted up to slide under like.

R6owdlad

Reaction score
why the feck don't they supply it with all 3 bolts of correct length ?
1 OEM bolt goes back in which is now 3 or 4mm shorter than it should be so, being the ham fisted fucker that I am, the slightest over tightening of that bolt results in a de-thread and an unsecure fan mount :(
off to find the correct length bolt and pray it works :/
Yep
I've just had the same problem. Wasn't aware of these issues until just now. Had to go to local hardware store for some longer bolts. Also found that it was a very tight fit attaching to the Evotech supplied brackets .
Am sure Evotech must be aware of the problem with supplying bolts that are too short...
Having said that now that I've eventually got it fitted it does look well and am sure it will do its job.