Finally got around to introducing my new baby.

flydnb

Reaction score
WOW got some luggage on that, I don't want to seem rude and I mean this in a genuine way but why didn't you just buy a touring type bike like a z1000sx or a vfr 800 etc ?

flipper

Reaction score
good move. you can put 40kg worth of crap on the MT and it's still lighter than the Z1000.

flydnb

Reaction score
Yeah but isnt the balance of the bike upset a bit with all that luggage being so high and over the rear ?

flipper

Reaction score
I'd say so but if you're looking for sporty fun you can unhook the boxes.

MartinB

Reaction score
Yeah but isnt the balance of the bike upset a bit with all that luggage being so high and over the rear ?
OK Guys, re loading the MT etc, the panniers are spec'd at 8 Kg each, when loading heavy stuff goes at the bottom, Low COG etc, top box is rated at another 5 Kg does not sound a lot but you would be amazed how much crap you can get for 5 Kg.

By my calc's that's a total load of around 21 Kg. Given that SWMBO has given up her pillion seat I don't see any problems, in fact its no different to my Z1000SX,

I don't usually ride with the luggage when just playing and that's when the MT is at its best IMHO. So roll on next Spring and the first 'Big' tour of the year.

Having dumped the standard exhaust for the carbon Acropovic I got some weight in hand anyway!

Cheers