Reaction score
Collected my MT09 on Wednesday, and went out for my first proper ride today
Thought I'd give my impressions after 110 mile ride through the Yorkshire Dales

Impressed with:
50+ mpg, but I was 'running in' (of sorts) and didnt put it into A mode
Easier on my wrists after coming from a CBR600RR
Ability to look over the walls, and left and right at junctions

Not impressed with:
Suspension, though I guess I knew that from my test ride. Very bouncy, and had me heading for the verge at one point.

Other points:
More snatchy than I remember from the test ride (how can I tell if it is the latest ECU map ?)
A lot easier on rough surfaces
Seat not as comfy as I remember either
I need to learn to ride in a completely different style

I am sure I made the right decision part exing the CBR600RR, but I had a tear in my eye when it went off into the showroom

Colton123

Reaction score
There is a thread on hear about adjusting the stock suspension mate did it to mine and is a lot better now.as for the snatchy throttle kev 02 sensor is very good or Simons flash .

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you have a "new" mt it will have the latest software on it...! Still not good though so come and get it flashed. Carlton is right about the suspension thread....

Last edited:

Chaz

Reaction score
Its not 100% guarentee you have the latest flash. Mine was a new bike but it was still from the 14 stock. So had to be flashed even though my bike is a 15 plate bike. The demo bike was shit (14 plate), mine is a lot better (since being flashed).

sjw

Reaction score
Its not 100% guarentee you have the latest flash. Mine was a new bike but it was still from the 14 stock.
That is sort of what I was thinking. Since I chose non-ABS, and very soon only ABS will be available, could it be "old stock" as yours ?
When it goes in for its first service at 600ml, should the dealer be able to check the software version ?

There is a thread on hear about adjusting the stock suspension mate did it to mine and is a lot better now.
Will probably leave it stock for the moment as I am concious that I am riding a very different bike.

Last edited:

Chaz

Reaction score
That is sort of what i was thinking. since I chose non-ABS, and very soon only ABS will be available, could it be "old stock" as yours
when it goes in for its first service at 600ml, should the dealer be able to check the software version ?
Yes, I believe so. Just tell them to flash it, irrespective. Takes about 10-15 mins.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They can not tell you which version is in your ecu at the dealership. They can only flash it

solomon

Reaction score
I also adjusted the stock suspension on mine. Took several adjustments and test rides. Works great now !!! From showroom, bike is a nightmare. Soft, bouncy and with loads of throttle slack. I watched videos on youtube from a member on this forum " Mr B and Mrs B Brain dump" and followed his videos and now works a treat. Great bike !!!